WWE '12

Guest rasko

I just saw mine arrive but I don't get it till Christmas :crying:

Oh and I saw the cover, It has The Rock sticker saying I got him. Woo-Hoo K-Mart.

Edited by Kirkland

Ten minutes and I'll be rocking this bad boy. Is there anything specific you need to do with a new PS3, or do you just plug in and play?

Spend 5 hours downloading system updates.

• Like 7

Managed to get on Community Creations for a while this afternoon, downloaded 20 or so characters and changed up the brand split. RAW has the classic wrestling names - Cena, Hogan, Savage, Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, Orton, etc and SD! has a loaded roster with Eddie Guerrero, HBK, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Edge, Mysterio. I'm sort of sick of the same matches over and over again, so gonna add in some relationships in the game.

I was able to grab some stuff and switched around to WCW Monday Nitro, and replacing Smackdown with RAW. It sucks that I had enough downloads to fill the roster but WCW still needed to have 15 original roster people on it.

Hawk

Animal

Rey Mysterio

William Regal

Big Show

Chavo

Arn Anderson

Ricky Steamboat

Booker T

Kevin Nash

Vader

Goldust

Then throw over a couple Divas and Smash as Hole-in-One Darsow! (Y)

There are some bizarre limitations in Universe mode. PPVs cannot change rosters (thus, everybody in the game is available and you can't change it), Superstars cannot be brand exclusive and you can't add a show (seeing as the roster is way too big for two shows. However, I don't see why any one of those has to be like that, unless they programmed it in a weird way where you can only have 2 main shows, a combo/undercard show. Seems like an odd limitation that isn't necessary.

And what is the Champion of Champions belt for?

Edited by Universal

It was part of the season mode storyline a couple of years ago for I believe Triple H.

And yeah, there are some dumb decisions as always with the game. And I'd love to get on Community Creations for long enough to even LOOK at an arena, nevermind download one.

In real life? No, the winner of that match just got called Champion of Champions. They didn't get a belt.

In real life? No, the winner of that match just got called Champion of Champions. They didn't get a belt.

But they should have, that would've been awesome. Or at least a trophy.

They should let Superstars be brand specific, but PPVs seems like an easy fix through doing it yourself. Obviously no one wants to reorganize weekly shows, especially if you're simming, but there are only 12 PPVs a year, shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Booker hauling around the WHC,the King of The Ring garb and a big ass Champion of Champions Trophy everywhere really would have been great.

• Like 2

I think a lot of the limitations are imposed by the WWE. Well that's my hope anyway. Because I really can't see a video game company wanting to make their game more limited. Although I guess it does help them sell a new 'updated and improved and totally fixed we promise' version every year.

I have RAW on Monday and Nitro Replacing Smackdown.

-Non-spraypainted WCW title. US title & World Tag Titles on WCW brand.

-WWE Title, Classic IC title & WWE tag titles on WWF brand.

-No divas title, women's champ can defend on either brand.

-Even though the B show cant have a title, I made Regal European champion and will have him defend the belt regularly on it.

-Most legends are on WWF, with the exception of obvious WCW wrestlers(Booker, Arn)

-Brought back the Corre and put them on WCW(same members as they had on SD)

-Brought back the New Nexus on RAW but with Trips as the leader and renamed them Evolution in a fit of originality. :shifty:

-Have a stable on WCW called "The Industry" and it has Miz/Arn Anderson/Regal/Swagger/Dibiase Jr

The latest minor annoyance is that they dont go far enough in recreating certain events. For example, I can have the Backlash logo but no Backlash introduction/match screen.

I brought in a bunch of legend CAWs at the Rumble, and I wound up putting 3 of them into matches at Mania.

Kurt Angle def. Brock Lesnar

Goldberg def. John Cena

Undertaker def. Sting

As for the rest of the card:

Rey Mysterio def. Sin Cara (the two had held the SmackDown tag belts for about 8 months but when they dropped them and failed to retain I had Cara turn heel)

CM Punk def. Alberto Del Rio to win the WWE Championship

R-Truth def. The Miz to retain the World Heavyweight Championship (Immediately after Miz won the belt in the Elimination Chamber, Truth cashed in MITB on his friend - turning Miz sympathy face in the process. Wanna give Truth a decent title reign)