nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

• Admin
Chinese businessmen are considering investing in Coventry City, despite the Sky Blues' relegation to League One, reports BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

Former Coventry vice-chairman Gary Hoffman has been working with Ken Grant, who is an independent consultant in Asia.

Any deal would involve taking up 100% ownership of the club, as well as half ownership of the Ricoh Arena.

But they are understood not to want to work with current owners Sisu Capital.

Although Sisu are keen to find investors, the Chinese group are only interested in sole ownership.

Hoffman had feared that relegation might put off potential buyers, but there is still interest.

Grant is a director of FDKG Ltd - a company that advises top end brands and businesses on moving into the Chinese luxury market.

Following relegation, manager Andy Thorn was confirmed in the post for next season.

But he is still waiting to find out his budget as he aims at securing promotion back to the Championship at the first attempt for the the Sky Blues, who are still under a transfer embargo .

Burton Albion have confirmed caretaker manager Gary Rowett as their new boss on a non-contract basis.

The former assistant boss has been in temporary charge of the League Two club since Paul Peschisolido was sacked in March following a 14-game winless run.

Rowett, 38, lost five of his 10 games in charge - including a 7-1 hammering against Bristol Rovers - but stopped the slide towards the relegation zone.

He told BBC Radio Derby he had a "moral contract" with chairman Ben Robinson.

It did indeed. Red + dragons is better than blue + bluebirds.

Obviously a lot of people who aren't Cardiff fans will believe this, including me. However, I opposed the change like the Cardiff fans had. Can you imagine your club going under such radical changes? Can you imagine Manchester United turning their colours blue and dubbing themselves with a new moniker like "Blue Angels", or Tottenham permanently donning orange kits?

Obviously a lot of people who aren't Cardiff fans will believe this, including me. However, I opposed the change like the Cardiff fans had. Can you imagine your club going under such radical changes? Can you imagine Manchester United turning their colours blue and dubbing themselves with a new moniker like "Blue Angels", or Tottenham permanently donning orange kits?

http://en.over-blog.com/Why_are_Leeds_United_football_shirts_white-1228321798-art184299.html

http://en.over-blog....-art184299.html

Leeds fans at the time probably expressed a dislike at the change, which was my point. However, the all-white kit change was clearly a success, on the other hand that might not be the same for a Cardiff kit change, or any future kit change.

• Admin
Barnet winger Mark Marshall has been given a two-year suspension after failing a drugs test in December.

He tested positive for the stimulant methylhexaneamine following the League Two match against Dagenham & Redbridge.

The 25-year-old has not played since 14 January after he was given a provisional ban.

A statement from the FA said: "Mark Marshall has been suspended by an Independent Regulatory Commission from all football activity for two years."

The former Swindon player " will be looking towards launching an appeal " against the decision, according to the club's official website.

His two-year suspension dates back to the start of his provisional ban from 20 January.

Marshall joined the Bees from Swindon in July 2010 and scored three goals this season.

Koln bottom of the German league with him in charge in mine.

That's only one place worse than he's taken them in real life.

Might be a shrewd appointment, only time will tell. He did well at Copenhagen and nearly took the Norway job, but because they didn't qualify for Euro 2012 he...didn't bother.

Not a surprise, he went into a club that'd be entirely different to the set up at Stevenage and would need a clear out. Within seconds people were complaining about his methods so cut them and start doing his standard scouring the conference and lower and building a team. Of course, it took a few years to get right with Stevenage at a lower level, may not be as kind with time in Preston...

Good luck tonight Lanky, though got to say I am hoping you lose to MK Dons in the final. That's for selfish purposes on who we play next season, I want local games so Sheff U and Hudds need to stay, and I can't have Stevenage going from Conference to Championship quicker than we did it :P

But I genuinely think there is a good chance you will beat the Blades over two legs. More than handled yourselves at Bramall Lane two weeks ago and can do it again. Plus the defensive record is formidable as heck.