The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

City are turning the screw but just can't break down Swansea. Doing well for the size of the club/just enjoying their time/further patronising comments etc. that we'll hear loads of this season.

Pretty entertaining match for a 0-0 though.

City have been excellent tonight, they're just too strong and quick for Swansea. Swansea pass the ball well mind but they run out of ideas going forward, they could struggle this season based on this performance.

Carlos who?

I bet Chelsea fans are fuming they didn't get this lad. Seems to be settling into the English league like a duck to water, obviously it's only one game and it's against probably the weakest side in the league but still he looked quality in that 25 minutes/half an hour.

I felt slightly sorry for Swansea - and for Vorm inparticular - they always looked to move the ball around and play a bit which is refreshing to see from a newly promoted side away from home against title challengers, but City were superb. Silva was incredible and that Aguero chap looks a little useful doesn't he?

Of course, this is City and next Sunday they could play like 11 people who've never so much as met each other before; yet I doubt that a hell of a lot more than I would have last season.

I want to add to the Vorm admiration. He made some great saves tonight and saved Swansea from total collapse (at least for 60 minutes :pervert: )All he needs to work on is his kicking and he's near enough a total package.

Aguero was phenomenal tonight, it seemed like every time he got the ball, you had the feeling that something was going to happen. The fact that his playing for us makes every non-City fan dislike City that bit more just makes it sweeter that we got him. Granted, this was Swansea, but I think we could possibly go all the way based on the way the team played tonight. It's just a case of whether we can withstand the extra fixtures from the Champions League.

Maybe they will show that piledriver of a goal on Sky adverts now, instead of that Rooney overhead kick they seem to tack on to everything.

Edited by Ryan Hughes