The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Man.Utd were the better team. Can't really say we didn't deserve to lose. Lacked urgency and were too negative.

Evra was the bigger man at the start of the game but then takes some of that away by being a joke and clearly trying to taunt Suarez. There's celebrating being your rivals and then there's jumping up and down the whole pitch and then doing it right in front of Suarez

I thought Evra's celebration was brilliant, but nowhere near as good as Rafael copying him when it looked like it was dying down. Really think Suarez comes out of this looking stupid after not shaking his hand. Liverpool never really looked threatening - didn't look anything like that team that contained Spurs on monday night, and even out played them.

If this was the other way around and we won 2-1 with Suarez doing that he'd be getting utter slated by everyone. Suarez was a total cunt for not shaking his hand at the start, Evra is a total cunt for trying to goad Suarez at the end. Simply put they both didn't do themselves any favours today and the pantomime continues.

Shouldn't have bothered with the handshake at the start of the game, should have had a similar situation to the QPR/Chelsea game and not have bothered with a handshake.

Man.Utd deserved the win, hopefully Sunderland, Tottenham and Everton can do us a favour so we don't fall further back behind.

I would suggest that Evra wouldn't have celebrated like that if Suarez had shown him some respect at the start of the game after an incident which originally was actually Suarez's fault whatever the Liverpool fans booing Evra thoughout. Evra was the innocent party in this whole debarckle.

• Like 1

• Admin

I would suggest that Evra wouldn't have celebrated like that if Suarez had shown him some respect at the start of the game after an incident which originally was actually Suarez's fault whatever the Liverpool fans booing Evra thought. Evra was the innocent party in this who debarckle.

This. Loved every moment of Evra getting some sweet revenge.

Also, Kenny came across as a huge tosser in his interview too.

I would suggest that Evra wouldn't have celebrated like that if Suarez had shown him some respect at the start of the game after an incident which originally was actually Suarez's fault whatever the Liverpool fans booing Evra thoughout. Evra was the innocent party in this whole debarckle.

Like hell. That's asinine thinking. One good bout of cuntishness deserves another, eh? An eye for an eye? Nothing to be said for forgiveness on both sides. Evra is a biblical scholar to be praised, like Suarez before him.

• Like 2

I would suggest that Evra wouldn't have celebrated like that if Suarez had shown him some respect at the start of the game after an incident which originally was actually Suarez's fault whatever the Liverpool fans booing Evra thought. Evra was the innocent party in this who debarckle.

This. Loved every moment of Evra getting some sweet revenge.

Also, Kenny came across as a huge tosser in his interview too.

Emphasis on both accounts.

And considering how much some people love him, Daglish has come across as nothing but a tosser recently.

Like hell. That's asinine thinking. One good bout of cuntishness deserves another, eh? An eye for an eye? Nothing to be said for forgiveness on both sides. Evra is a biblical scholar to be praised, like Suarez before him.

No, I'm not saying he was right to do it. I'm saying that I can see WHY he did it.

I think Daglish and Liverpool as a whole have handled this Suarez situation very badly, my respect for that club has gone down alot because of it. Anyways I'm glad that game is over and we've won, we can concentrate on the rest of our season now and retaining our title.

• Admin
Everton: Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Donovan, Gibson, Fellaini, Pienaar, Cahill, Stracqualursi.

Subs: Mucha, Hibbert, Drenthe, Gueye, Barkley, Vellios, Duffy.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Ivanovic, Cole, Meireles, Essien, Lampard, Sturridge, Torres, Mata.

Subs: Turnbull, Mikel, Malouda, Lukaku, Ferreira, Cahill, Bertrand.

Referee: Mike Jones (Cheshire)

Blackburn: Robinson, Orr, Hanley, Dann, Martin Olsson, N'Zonzi, Lowe, Hoilett, Formica, Pedersen, Yakubu.

Subs: Bunn, Modeste, Petrovic, Rochina, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Henley.

QPR: Kenny, Onuoha, Ferdinand, Hall, Traore, Wright-Phillips, Barton, Buzsaky, Taiwo, Taarabt, Zamora.

Subs: Cerny, Hill, Derry, Gabbidon, Bothroyd, Mackie, Smith.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Bolton: Bogdan, Steinsson, Wheater, Knight, Ricketts, Eagles, Mark Davies, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Kevin Davies, N'Gog.

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Muamba, Tuncay, Klasnic, Pratley, Boyata, Miyaichi.

Wigan: al-Habsi, Boyce, Caldwell, Figueroa, Alcaraz, McCarthy, McArthur, Beausejour, Gomez, Moses, di Santo.

Subs: Pollitt, Crusat, Watson, Jones, Rodallega, Diame, Stam.

Referee: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire)

Swansea: Vorm, Rangel, Williams, Caulker, Taylor, Dyer, Sinclair, Britton, McEachran, Sigurdsson, Graham.

Subs: Tremmel, Routledge, Monk, Lita, Moore, Gower, Richards.

Norwich: Ruddy, Martin, Ward, Drury, Naughton, Surman, Fox, Bennett, Pilkington, Holt, Jackson.

Subs: Steer, Johnson, Morison, Crofts, Hoolahan, Barnett, Wilbraham.

Referee: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire)

Sunderland: Mignolet, Bardsley, Turner, O'Shea, Richardson, Larsson, Gardner, Colback, McClean, Sessegnon, Campbell.

Subs: Westwood, Bridge, Wickham, Ji, Meyler, Kyrgiakos, Elmohamady.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Arteta, Song, Rosicky, Walcott, van Persie, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Subs: Fabianski, Henry, Ramsey, Arshavin, Gibbs, Benayoun, Coquelin.

Referee: Neil Swarbrick (Lancashire)

Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, Hughes, Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Murphy, Duff, Dembele, Dempsey, Ruiz, Pogrebnyak.

Subs: Stockdale, Baird, Gecov, Etuhu, Frei, Davies, Trotta.

Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Upson, Wilson, Walters, Whelan, Palacios, Etherington, Jones, Crouch.

Subs: Begovic, Fuller, Pennant, Whitehead, Shotton, Jerome, Woodgate.

Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

Agent Pienaar has given Everton the lead against Chelsea already!

It was being suggested by Sky that he was celebrating near the Man United fans, it isn't as if he ran over to taunt the Liverpool fans.

The guy gets racially abused, and then disrespected by someone. It is also Man United vs Liverpool, so a big game anyway. Evra is captain. They are going for the title. There are about five or six huge reasons as to why he'd celebrate like he did, and personally, he was within his right to do so. It was clearly a hugely personal match for him, and I like the thinking that Evra instantly thought 'I'll celebrate to piss off Suarez' when the final whistle went

EDIT: Ferguson calls Suarez 'a disgrace to Liverpool Football Club'. Strong words.

Edited by Liam