The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Silly from Evra but to suggest his actions are in any way as bad as Suarez is just daft.

Bullshit. They're fucking identical. Identical bouts of ill-sportsmanship.

yes racially abusing a player and celebrating winning against rivals after the smear campaign and all the other bullshit are exactly the same... He was over the top with his celebrations of course (though I've seen celebrations like that with less personal tension) but to say they even come close is just madness.

I'm far far far from a professional but if that had happened over a few weeks with the games I play on Sundays (local Japanese guy badmouthing me, refusing to accept he'd done anything wrong, been supported by his coach and then refused to shake my hand before the game despite saying he would) then after we'd won I'd have probably ran up to him and given him the fingers and mouthed off back at him.

In that respect Evra was pretty reserved.

• Admin

Caldwell has given Wigan the lead at Bolton.

Also I missed ex-horn Danny Graham giving Swansea the lead against fellow newcomers Norwich; and a Thomas Sorensen own goal has doubled Fulham's lead over Stoke. No idea why Begovic does't start for them there.

Yeah, those fucking racist pricks Ferdinand and Welbeck not shaking the hand of a Latino :angry:

I thought Rio was wonderful. :wub: He still has a captain's heart, just the joints of an old woman.

Yeah Rio was clearly having trouble moving all throughout the game, but he was good don't think he'll last much longer though(without doing lasting damage to his back).

He should've carried himself with a bit more dignity in what is obviously a situation where you shouldn't be looking to incite anything.

And of course, so should've Suarez, who went against the line that Dalglish was sticking with all week and didn't shake hands with Evra. I know if I were Kenny Dalglish I'd be VERY pissed off with Suarez right now.

He should've carried himself with a bit more dignity in what is obviously a situation where you shouldn't be looking to incite anything.

That's arguable, fine. But his behaviour in no way matches up to what Suarez did, which is now the point being made.