The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Mini rant.. Man City were bad. Average at best. Villa, however, were disgusting. Devoid of ideas. And why? McLeish. A nice gent, no doubt. But a terrible manager. Negative football and shit tactics.

The way we played at the end, when we had an actual footballing team out, was good. Had we played like that all game, we could have beat them today. But we don't. And why? McLeish.

I've backed him all season, defending him and wanted to give him a chance.

But I'm done.

All the "bad teams". Wolves, Wigan, Baggies, Blackburn, etc, they give it a go. They try to win every match. They show passion and desire. Sometimes they get tanked, but there is teamwork and work rate and effort. Under McLeish we settle for a draw at kick off, and that leads to losses. We're getting drawn closer and closer to the relegation zone, and why? McLeish.

It's like Neville said at the end: Villa waited until the 90th minute to put four men in the box. Why?

I honestly think with the way that we couldn't finish, Villa could have nicked something if they played more positively. Now I know why McLeish gets so much stick.

McLeish.

• Like 3

• Admin

Wolves being torn a new one here!

No homo?

I just found the highlights from the Spurs game - Adebayor was out of this world. Lineker, what were they singing after his goal?

Don't remember for sure. One of the best chants all match was "PARDEW FOR ENGLAND!"

Mick McCarthy has been sacked. No suprise there then after yesterday's performance.

Wolves have today announced that manager, Mick McCarthy, has left the Club with immediate effect.

The Board took the difficult decision to terminate Mick's contract after a run of form which has seen Wolves pick up only 14 points in the last 22 League games, after a promising start to the season, culminating in yesterday's 5-1 defeat at home to West Bromwich Albion. Terry Connor will take charge of team training in the interim until a new manager is appointed.

Edited by Starvinho

• Admin

Booooooo. I like Mick McCarthy, and he never got the respect he deserved for the job he did at Wolves. I can understand why the decision was taken though. I wonder if they'll take a punt on Simon Grayson?

Wolves would be a solid 10th-14th team if they didn't still have a Championship-quality defence.