The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I know its only the Carling Cup but I don't get some teams attitudes towards it if they are never going to realistically challenge for the title or anything major. If it was someone like United, City, Arsenal or Chelsea who are going to challenge for the league most of the time and in Europe and the FA cup and to some extent Tottenham then I'd understand it. But considering we aren't the team we once was and we hadn't won anything since 2006 its better to win the Carling Cup then to not win anything

Yeh I waved over at the East Stand, was pretty close to your support just a few seats across really. Was a good atmosphere at the game though which made it enjoyable considering that section near the us were singing quite a bit and quite loudly so that is what made it enjoyable and I would definitely go up again to St James' if I had the opportunity.... At least we are being consistent, unfortunately its consistently shite :(

De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez

subs: Amos, Welbeck, Giggs, Smalling, Pogba, Park, Young

Not far from what I expected, only difference being Jones starting, likely in the midfield it would seem. Hopefully we can get the win tonight.

I was getting really annoyed at the crosses into the box from Valencia and then Giggs later on. The two centre backs were clearing everything with ease and I was begging someone to drill it across the face of the goal.

Anyway, huge three points. Still not over though, yes it could be eight points by next Monday night but it could also be two. Lots can still happen in this title race.

The way City have been playing I'd be suprised if they beat Arsenal but I felt the same when they played Chelsea and they pulled it out the bag that night, so I guess it's a hard one to call. As for us vs QPR, I think it's a massive incentive for us to go 8 points clear and I'm sure the lads will be up for it, so I'd be just as suprised if we didn't win.

Man Utd's remaining fixtures:

QPR (H)

Wigan (A)

Villa (H)

Everton (H)

Man City (A)

Swansea (H)

Sunderland (A)

Even if they lose to City, I can't see where they're doing to drop points. They've got 3 relegation candidates in their next 3 games (albeit Villa are outsiders), had they been the last 3, I could see them slipping up but its still a touch early for the "shock" results from teeams fighting for their lives. Everton and Swansea I'd have fancied nicking something were they not at OT and I don't see them losing on the last day of the season if they still need to win to win the league. Meanwhile I could see Man City dropping points at Arsenal, Newcastle and possibly QPR on the last day.

I think the title is all but wrapped up.