The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Gay for Cabaye looks far better on a t shirt. It doesn't actually rhyme but it looks it. He's gonna fucking rinse England first game of the Euros, and I won't actually care.

I fucking will because my missus will give me so much grief.

Because you'll be frantically tugging over Yohan?

Also, Yaks kick was silly, if he'd gone for a standard overhead he'd probably have scored.

Gay for Cabaye looks far better on a t shirt. It doesn't actually rhyme but it looks it. He's gonna fucking rinse England first game of the Euros, and I won't actually care.

I fucking will because my missus will give me so much grief.

Because you'll be frantically tugging over Yohan?

I'd better not, she wasn't impressed with my man crush on Scott Parker >_>

Hoping this doesn't come off as anti-Sunderland bias (I don't think I'm actually that bad, just think Cattermoles a dick), but these terrible CGI replay things have to stop. From the angle that was shown it looked fairly clear that Bendtners got his head down looking to go for the ball, and his feet are at best level with the defenders, therefore offside. Tight, but the rule isn't daylight as Graham Taylor might think, any part of the body you can play it with is offside.

MOTDs replay swivelled the camera, and Bendtner noticeably slid backwards and appeared upright, which is a tad silly. Add that to ITVs ludicrous 'Chelsea goal is a clear foot from the line' image when it was clearly on the line and near impossible to call, and these 'clearing it up' graphics are pointless, but give the impression they're sorting the issue.

I'm fairly convinced they're actually made by someone frantically playing FIFA 98 until they get something that looks similar to the situation in question.

Am I right in thinking Newcastle paid something like five million for Cabaye or is it a little more? I've been a big fan ever since he arrived and him playing for a club like Newcastle (going by reputation from the start of the season) is an absoloute steal. I know people are calling for Rodgers and Lambert for manager of the year, but it has to be Pardew for me. Fantastic Newcastle team - and if Spurs aren't getting that 4th spot via implosion, I'd be happy to see Newcastle take it.

Cabaye is up there for bargain of the season for sure.

Well, the contenders are

Demba Ba - free

Cabaye - £4.3

Cisse - £10m :shifty:

• Admin

Everton's Darron Gibson starts against his former club with Nani back in the Manchester United starting XI and Ashley Young dropped to the bench.

Man Utd: de Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Scholes, Carrick, Nani, Rooney, Welbeck.

Subs: Amos, Jones, Giggs, Smalling, Park, Hernandez, Young.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Neville, Osman, Heitinga, Gibson, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic.

Subs: Mucha, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Cahill, Gueye, Barkley, Anichebe.

Referee: Mike Jones (Cheshire)

Ashley Young is taken out of the firing line by Manchester United after a week of vigorous discussion on whether he dives or not. Nani replaces the winger and makes his first Premier League start since the win at Tottenham on 4th March. Everton make three changes as Tony Hibbert comes in for the injured Leighton Baines while Phil Jagielka and Steven Pienaar replace Tim Cahill and Magaye Gueye.