The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Could be QPR have tough games and Wigan have 2 very winnable games to end the season with, it just depends if the team is in the place where they can get the points, I imagine they feel pretty deflated right now.

I dunno. Villa are clearly a bigger club than Blackburn. After all, football didn't begin with the onset of the Premier League. Even if not for that, I think their presence in the Premier League is important, simply by virtue of them being from Birmingham.

I dunno. Villa are clearly a bigger club than Blackburn. After all, football didn't begin with the onset of the Premier League. Even if not for that, I think their presence in the Premier League is important, simply by virtue of them being from Birmingham.

Bias aside, they did look capable of climbing the league a few seasons ago and for awhile it was "Who is going to be the next big team - Villa, Spurs or Newcastle?". Spurs went north, we went south and Villa.... Well, mid-table mediocrity... Again.

Edited by Manifest

I'm not sure that is accurate. Newcastle were pretty much just there for a few seasons before they went down. Spurs were too before Harry came in.

When Rednapp took over Spurs it was a question of who was getting relegated Newcastle or Spurs? We know how that panned out in the end ... But we've recovered and prospered, Spurs have prospered, Villa have taken step after step backwards. It's a crying shame because they seem to advocate British talent and really could have been something.

I'm not sure that is accurate. Newcastle were pretty much just there for a few seasons before they went down. Spurs were too before Harry came in.

No, Spurs were bottom of the table when Harry joined. Don't you play FIFA?

As former champions I think Blackburn would be a bigger loss to the Premier League than say, Villa.

Yeah a team that bought the title that one season 17 years ago, has done nothing since and has a relatively small fanbase would be a bigger loss than a team that's been in the top flight for 100 years and are one of the bigger sides in the country. :wacko:

That's not a knock at Blackburn, it's just that Villa are one of those teams that are part of the top division