The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Hughes is a cunt but not a terrible manager. Good job and Blackburn at Fulham, and as much as I hate to say it QPR are playing a lot better now that they are beginning to gel as a cohesive team unit.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says midfielder Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of the 2012-13 season.

The 20-year-old has not played competitively for the Gunners since facing Fulham in May 2011.

Wilshere has already been ruled out of Euro 2012, but Stuart Pearce is keen to include him in Team GB's Olympics team.

However, Wenger said: "I do not want to set the Olympics as a target because I do not know whether Jack will be fit to start at the beginning of the season."

Wilshere injured his right ankle last summer and underwent successful surgery, only to suffer a stress fracture during his rehabilitation in January.

The midfielder's hopes of playing again before the end of the season have subsequently faded, along with plans to be involved with England in Poland and Ukraine this summer.

Wenger is now concerned that Wilshere could miss the start of the Gunners' pre-season training.

The Frenchman added: "When we start pre-season training on 9 July, if he can join in, then we have won the battle, but that is not guaranteed.

"You get the first knock, but think: 'OK, at least I will be ready for the Euros.' Then you have to convince him: 'Look my friend, it will not work for the Euros.' You knock him down again.

"Then you set him another target - the Olympics. But if he doesn't make it, he will lose a complete appetite for rehab because it's difficult.

"Let's take our time and not set any specific targets.

"The most important thing for him is to focus on day-to-day work and see if he can get better."

Wenger is more upbeat about the fitness of winger Theo Walcott, who limped out of last weekend's goalless draw against Chelsea with a hamstring problem.

The Gunners boss said: "It is less serious than we thought. He has a small chance to play in the last game of the season.

"For the Euros, he is definitely available."

• Admin
Gareth Bale admits he will consider his future at Tottenham if they fail to reach next season's Champions League.

After spending much of the season in contention for the Premier League title, Spurs have fallen to fifth after winning just three of 14 games.

Tottenham need to finish in the top four to have a chance of qualifying.

The left-sided midfielder told BBC's Football Focus: "If we don't [qualify for the Champions League], I have to discuss what's best for myself."

Spurs are currently three points behind fourth-placed Newcastle but both could still miss out if sixth-placed Chelsea either catch them or win the Champions League.

Bale, 22, has been linked to some of Europe's top clubs in the past two seasons, including Barcelona and Inter Milan.

He said the interest was "flattering" but that he was focused on helping Tottenham achieve Champions League football again.

The Wales international signed a new deal committing him to White Hart Lane until 2015 during Tottenham's solitary Champions League campaign.

That run, in the 2010-11 season, ended in a 5-0 quarter-final defeat by Real Madrid.

"I had a taste last season and thoroughly enjoyed it," Bale added. "Everyone wants to test themselves against the best players in world.

"I am still a Tottenham player and need to keep performing for the team."

Tottenham play three of the bottom six in their four remaining games and Bale is hopeful they can recover their form from earlier in the season.

They were beaten 1-0 by QPR last weekend and Bale said: "Hopefully our luck will change.

"We know how difficult it is when a team is fighting relegation but we've got the quality in the dressing room and if we play to our best we know we'll win."

Nothing that we didn't already know, but :(

I think he got lucky as fuck. He had to admit that they probably weren't going to win the title and he happened to rest Silva at the right time too. Then he just became a broken record and will probably say the same thing even if they beat United 10-0 and then bring Mario on to shin-kick people.

• Admin
West Brom: Foster, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Brunt, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Thomas, Odemwingie, Long.

Subs: Fulop, Andrews, Shorey, Dawson, Cox, Fortune, Scharner.

Aston Villa: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Lichaj, N'Zogbia, Clark, Herd, Warnock, Agbonlahor, Heskey.

Subs: Guzan, Collins, Ireland, Bannan, Weimann, Gardner, Carruthers.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg (Tyne & Wear)

Stoke: Begovic, Shotton, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson, Pennant, Whelan, Whitehead, Etherington, Crouch, Walters.

Subs: Sorensen, Jones, Fuller, Upson, Delap, Jerome, Palacios.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Benayoun, Rosicky, Gervinho, van Persie.

Subs: Fabianski, Diaby, Santos, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Squillaci, Chamakh, Coquelin.

Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

Wigan: al-Habsi, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa, Boyce, McArthur, McCarthy, Beausejour, Maloney, di Santo, Moses.

Subs: Pollitt, Crusat, Gomez, Sammon, Jones, Rodallega, Diame.

Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba.

Subs: Elliot, Perch, Gosling, Ryan Taylor, Best, Shola Ameobi, Ferguson.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Sunderland: Gordon, O'Shea, Turner, Kilgallon, Bardsley, Campbell, Cattermole, Colback, McClean, Bendtner, Sessegnon.

Subs: Westwood, Bridge, Vaughan, Ji, Meyler, Kyrgiakos, Elmohamady.

Bolton: Bogdan, Boyata, Ream, Wheater, Ricketts, Reo-Coker, Mark Davies, Petrov, Eagles, N'Gog, Kevin Davies.

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Alonso, Knight, Klasnic, Sordell, Miyaichi, Vela.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

Swansea: Vorm, Williams, Caulker, Monk, Orlandi, Britton, Allen, Dyer, Sinclair, Sigurdsson, Graham.

Subs: Tremmel, Taylor, Routledge, McEachran, Lita, Moore, Gower.

Wolverhampton: de Vries, Ward, Berra, Stearman, Foley, Jarvis, Edwards, Henry, Kightly, Doyle, Fletcher.

Subs: Ikeme, Ebanks-Blake, Hunt, Johnson, Milijas, Jonsson, Zubar.

Referee: Jon Moss (W Yorkshire)

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Distin, Osman, Gibson, Neville, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic.

Subs: Mucha, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Cahill, Gueye, Barkley, Anichebe.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Hughes, Senderos, Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Duff, Diarra, Dembele, Frei, Dempsey, Pogrebnyak.

Subs: Stockdale, Baird, Orlando Sa, Kasami, Murphy, Etuhu, Kacaniklic.

Referee: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire)

Edited by Lineker

Ideal results for me.

Everton/Fulham= Either Everton win and we win or a draw.

Stoke/Arsenal= Arsenal win just so Stoke don't get closer to us

Sunderland/Bolton= Same as above so Sunderland don't get closer/overtake us

Swansea/Wolves= Wolves, So Swansea don't go level with us

West Brom/Villa= Villa, So West Brom don't go overtake us

Wigan/Newcastle= Wigan just because I want them to stay up

And obviously us to win (But we won't cause we will dominate the game and hit the post 3 times today and get beat 1-0 by a cock up by someone: I'm going with Enrique)

Also just clocked on that we could fall down to 11th today :(