The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I guess I don't like the idea of City or whatever, but Manchester United are boring and this is exciting.

The idea of them?

Played some fantastic football this year except for a few weeks of mediocrity and hopefully Manchester make a fun and entertaining premier league title chase again next year.

I get his point. I hate the idea of City, and most City fans are wankers now. And it's not surprisingly there's a lot more vocal City fans than ever before.

Either way, I'm glad for Barry and Milner.

I guess you can buy everything. :shifty:

Which is kinda why I'm not happy about this. They don't need to bother about breaking even or keeping wages reasonable...and they'll just push prices up for everyone. :angry:

Team spend exorbitant money to win title SHOCKER!

Seriously, I don't get why people don't like 'the idea of Man City', when you are effectively looking at 'the idea of football', at least modern football.

• Like 1

Which is kinda why I'm not happy about this. They don't need to bother about breaking even or keeping wages reasonable...and they'll just push prices up for everyone. :angry:

Seriously, I don't get why people don't like 'the idea of Man City', when you are effectively looking at 'the idea of football', at least modern football.

I don't like the sudden arrogance they've got now. The "We're big time, so fuck you" attitude. That's just me, though.

The homeless people of Manchester are on high alert now in case Balotelli chooses to celebrate by throwing out thousands of pounds.

• Like 5

How many City fans to be regulars in the Premier League thread next season then?

We only have four or five City fans.

Most of the rest of the Pro-City sentiment comes from people who just thought City were better than United over the course of the year.

I don't even see a bandwagon, really.

• Like 3

I don't like the sudden arrogance they've got now. The "We're big time, so fuck you" attitude. That's just me, though.

Really? Never seemed arrogant in the way that it has been done (fans or players).....and frankly, they are big time. They have big players, they have big money......they are big time, no matter how they've done it.

• Like 2

How many City fans to be regulars in the Premier League thread next season then?

We only have four or five City fans.

Most of the rest of the Pro-City sentiment comes from people who just thought City were better than United over the course of the year.

I don't even see a bandwagon, really.

I was going to follow it up with "more than Bolton" but then realised we didn't really have any of those anyway.

I do agree, that with the money comes plenty of fans who wouldn't have supported them before. I can't really defend it because it's City's team that have captivated me and made me actually want to watch football week in-week out.

Still, buying the league annoys me because every big team buys. United have spent big on players, Arsenal spent in the years they won, Blackburn did it too and Chelsea. I don't want to attribute it to people here because generally we're a more intelligent place, but I find it idiotic that people stick to the idea of City being the only team to buy the title. If you dislike buying the title, fair enough, but it's about much much more than that.

I do agree, that with the money comes plenty of fans who wouldn't have supported them before. I can't really defend it because it's City's team that have captivated me and made me actually want to watch football week in-week out.

Still, buying the league annoys me because every big team buys. United have spent big on players, Arsenal spent in the years they won, Blackburn did it too and Chelsea. I don't want to attribute it to people here because generally we're a more intelligent place, but I find it idiotic that people stick to the idea of City being the only team to buy the title. If you dislike buying the title, fair enough, but it's about much much more than that.

Couldn't disagree more. Wiltord was their record signing at 11 million around the time they won they league.

Also, bet Hughes is having the fucking time of his life. If the game didn't give him a heart attack.