The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin
Manchester City footballer Michael Johnson has been arrested on suspicion of drinking and driving after a crash in Greater Manchester.

The midfielder, 24, was held after his Mercedes CLS 350 hit a car at 03:50 BST on Thursday in Urmston.

He collided with a BMW X5 parked in Grangethorpe Road.

Greater Manchester Police said: "A 24-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving." The force said it followed a "minor collision".

Johnson is a product of City's youth academy and made his first team debut in 2006 before going on to represent England under-19s.

He has been dogged by injuries and ruptured a cruciate ligament in training but battled back to full fitness in time for the 2010/11 season.

He started last season on loan at Leicester before returning to City for the latter part of the campaign.

I should think not.

He should be trying to bring in much better players than what he had at Swansea.

I'd take Holt in a heart beat. But I'd imagine he would command an insanely bloated transfer fee.

I'm probably confusing my EWB team support (can we pin that list somewhere!), but you wouldn't have anyone from Swansea but you would have someone from Norwich?

I should think not.

He should be trying to bring in much better players than what he had at Swansea.

I'd take Holt in a heart beat. But I'd imagine he would command an insanely bloated transfer fee.

I'm probably confusing my EWB team support (can we pin that list somewhere!), but you wouldn't have anyone from Swansea but you would have someone from Norwich?

I was referring to Swansea/Liverpool.

The Holt bit was me talking about Villa.

I should think not.

Edit: n/m. Villa. :shifty:

I should think not.

I was referring to Swansea/Liverpool.

The Holt bit was me talking about Villa.

My apologies.

I wouldn't expect everton to win a trophy anytime soon and I think Rodgers has to focus on a top 4 finish. It's always hard to compete for everything. Look at Liverpool last season. Great cup run but poor league position for them.

Throw in the Europa league and that's alot of matches.