The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Brendan Rodgers is apparently saying Aquilani and Cole could have a role to play in his Liverpool team.

I'm all for trying to use Aquilani but his fitness might be a problem. He did have our highest assist tally in his only proper season at the club, if I remember rightly. As for Cole, I dunno, maybe? He might be a step up from Adam anyway, his crazy wages might just make him hard to get rid of.

I'm all for them being given a second chance, they have the potential to offer something and with Europa League football they'll give us more squad depth.

I think Cole and Aquilani can both have a future if used correctly. Rodgers is obviously incredibly keen on ball retention and they'll both be decent at that. Pace is what we've been lacking for a while so I wouldn't like to see Cole used on the wing.

I really do want to see Aquilani get to actually play in the Premier league. I've no idea why Dalglish sent him off on loan, he had a great pre season last year. He hasn't gotten a fair go at Liverpool.

I really do want to see Aquilani get to actually play in the Premier league. I've no idea why Dalglish sent him off on loan, he had a great pre season last year. He hasn't gotten a fair go at Liverpool.

Comolli said it was because he 'played in the same position as Steven Gerrard,' which is ridiculous and only correct if you see Gerrard as a central midfielder (which, unfortunately, Kenny did). It also didn't take into account Gerrard's shocking form/injury record over the last three years.

Hopefully Rodgers' first act will be to ship out Downing and Adam. We should be able to find someone silly enough to buy Adam easy enough but Downing will probably prove much harder to shift, given the money we're paying him.

He's a bit of a coward is Downing. He doesn't really seem to have it in him to deliver a final product.

In my dreams Rodgers will flog Adam to Swansea, while arranging for Siggursson to come to Liverpool rather than Swansea.

But at least if we can make it so we aren't relying on over exposing Jonjo Shelvey and Jay Spearing with first team football, I would probably cut my losses with Spearing by now too and get a player who can properly play back up to Lucas. I'd be fine with that.

Blessing in disguise maybe. Not sure he'da handled it particularly well. So many clubs looking for managers still.. And now we have three who could potentially be chasing the same targets. Baggies should grab Ralf. He'd suit their needs. Swansea and Norwich have to make good appointments or they'll be in for a damn hard season.

Gutted to have lost Lambert but am thankful for what he has done for us, he will be a top manager for sure and I wish him all the best (except against us). I expect Holt to follow him. Chris Hughton, Lee Clark and Malky Mackay on the shortlist I read.

Read rumours that state Lambert can't sign Norwich players for up to 12 months. But Holt will be leaving, maybe to West Ham.