2011/12 UEFA Europa League

Lineker

Can anyone provide any links or anything to these stories? Interested to read them and I can't seem to find them anywhere myself - all my searches just bring me to bitter Liverpool websites calling Fernando Torres a traitor and how they should replace him with Llorente. Last I heard Llorente was near to singing a contract extension with Athletic until about 2016 which would take him to around 31/32 years old - I'm not sure he'll be leaving anytime soon and I'm not entirely sure he's had any thoughts of leaving the club he's been with since he was 11.

I did a quick look at half time of the starting 11 for Athletic while I was chatting to my mate and I think the following holds true - although I may have made an oversight as it was very quick and not very thorough. 8 of the starting 11 have only ever played for Athletic or one of their associate teams 'Bilbao Athletic' 'Baskonia' - Iraola, Amorebieta, Aurtenetxe, Iturraspe, Susaetea, Muniain, Llorente, Ibai Gomez. Of the other 3, Iraizoz began his career at Athletic but briefly played for Espanyol. Or the remaining 2, Javi Martinez started at Osasuna but moved to Athletic at around 17 leaving only Ander Herrera who came through at Zaragoza and only moved to Athletic at the start of the season aged 21.

That's quite staggering - and I'm not sure how likely Llorente, Muniain or Martinez are to be tempted by the money moves to other clubs. Certainly their is room for them at the upper echelon of some teams but whether or not they'll choose to move on is a different matter. Anyways, that's a bit of a ramble - someone point me in the direction of some articles related to the initial point if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Bilbao. As an Englishman, I cannot abide by any club managed by Diego Simeone! Plus Bilbao obviously play some great football. I'm really looking forward to this final, hopefully it will be an entertaining game and neither team will be too cautious.

• Admin
Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Filipe Luis, Mario Suarez, Gabi, Diego, Adrian, Turan, Falcao.

Subs: Sergio Asenjo, Antonio Lopez, Salvio, Paulo Assuncao, Koke, Dominguez, Martin.

Athletic Bilbao: Iraizoz, Iraola, Javi Martinez, Amorebieta, Aurtenetxe, Ander Herrera, Iturraspe, de Marcos, Susaeta, Llorente, Muniain.

Subs: Raul, Toquero, Mikel San Jose, Gabilondo, Inigo Perez, Ekiza, Ibai.

Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)

Madrid make one chance from the team that beat Valencia in the second leg of the semi-final with Tiago Mendes dropping out and anchorman Gabi restored to the starting XI. Chelsea's on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is between the posts. Spain international Fernando Llorente leads the Bilbao attack after missing the second leg against Sporting Lisbon. Oscar de Marcos is back on the left flank, with talented playmakers Ander Herrera and Iker Munian also starting.

I forgot all about this. Who scored?

And I assume it's Madrid who are winning? The C5 scoreboard doesn't help much because it says "ATL 1-0 ATH"

I was thinking that. I know its correct but I still have to think about it too much.

I forgot all about this. Who scored?

And I assume it's Madrid who are winning? The C5 scoreboard doesn't help much because it says "ATL 1-0 ATH"

That is the generic Europa league score board. It is a bit silly if you don't know the spellings of both teams names.