2011/2012 UEFA Champions League

Starvinho

Gomez saves the day

and serious, Coentrao is the worst defender on the field. How easy can you pass this man by?

If Marcelo was slow like Mertesacker, I'd understand it, but Coentrao is quick and that's all. Granted I've seen minimal of him, but tonight he seemed awful.

Whilst I expect a Barca win, I don't see a thrashing whatsoever tonight. If anything, an on-form Chelsea (as we've seen recently) could easily walk into the Nou Camp with the advantage. But then it's the Nou Camp and they'll slot a couple past Cech. Fingers crossed that the classico at the weekend see's Barca lose their head and get about 11 red cards >_> (league red cards carry over to champs league, right? RIGHT!?).

Whilst I expect a Barca win, I don't see a thrashing whatsoever tonight. If anything, an on-form Chelsea (as we've seen recently) could easily walk into the Nou Camp with the advantage. But then it's the Nou Camp and they'll slot a couple past Cech. Fingers crossed that the classico at the weekend see's Barca lose their head and get about 11 red cards >_> (league red cards carry over to champs league, right? RIGHT!?).

No.

• Like 1

I thought as much, but it's worth a try. Hmmf, let's hope they lose their heads tonight then. Still, Barca's defence can be got at. If Zaragoza and Levante can do it, Chelsea can bloody well do it. I just hope Di Matteo doesn't select Kalou after he did fuck all in the last Champs League match.

No.

Yes they do. Have you never played FIFA Soccer Manager 97?

Was This Is Football the one where (in its later incarnations) you could intentionally dive? That was awesome.

Yes. This is the reason I loved it. I seem to recall maybe fifa 2004 had diving? PES has had it too in recent years.

Sorry Lineker, I won't do the correct formatting as you do, but this is Barca's team tonight...

Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Adriano, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Sanchez & Messi.

I'm glad that Mascherano is at CB because his height will work towards Drog's advantage. Was hoping for Sturridge and Mata on the flanks but Ramires has enough pace to be the one causing problems to Adriano (who, well, it's not like he's a natural left back). Mikel I've never been sold on really, and he's not great off the ball, Xavi and Iniesta will do with him whatever the hell they want.