Amy Winehouse dead

The Pub Landlord

Did she have no real friends at all? How can anyone claim to care for her in the slightest and let things get as bad as they were. It's really sad and is happening way too often.

Why is it their responsibility exactly? I mean, operating under the assumption that she did indeed die of an overdose (I haven't read anything that actually confirms as such), she's been told time and time again. Hell, she references it in "Rehab." It's not like she was some naive kid, or that it's a massive secret that drug abuse can be hazardous to your health. It's ultimately her responsibility to look after herself. There's no one else to blame.

It's a sad occurrence, yes. But I'm sick of seeing all these Twitter tributes and people on the radio throwing the word 'tragedy' around. It's not.

• Like 2

Did she have no real friends at all? How can anyone claim to care for her in the slightest and let things get as bad as they were. It's really sad and is happening way too often.

Why is it their responsibility exactly? I mean, operating under the assumption that she did indeed die of an overdose (I haven't read anything that actually confirms as such), she's been told time and time again. Hell, she references it in "Rehab." It's not like she was some naive kid, or that it's a massive secret that drug abuse can be hazardous to your health. It's ultimately her responsibility to look after herself. There's no one else to blame.

It's a sad occurrence, yes. But I'm sick of seeing all these Twitter tributes and people on the radio throwing the word 'tragedy' around. It's not.

It is a tragedy in the sense that someone has died well before they have a chance to live a long life. I understand she was an addict, but I do not think that makes it not a tragedy. It was tragic that she was an addict and it is tragic that her addiction has most likely killed her. As you said, we have no evidence that is how she died so we will see but she was only 27 I believe? Way too young for anyone to die in my opinion.

Yeah agreed. 27 is a shite age to die. You should be worried about paying student loans, not about your lifespan ay 27.

She lived how she lived. Led her to an early death. In the end, the most tragic thing about it is that we could all see it coming. Just an unfunny punchline to a joke everyones been telling for a few years.

It's not that it's their responsibility. But if you care for someone. If you really truly care for them you don't just say "Oh well. She should know better." You don't do it because you're required to you do it because damn it thats my friend and I dont want her to die.

• Like 3

In my opinion no one should feel bad for her. God graced her with such a talent and she just threw it away like it was all worthless. You should feel bad for the girl who works 13 hours a day busting her ass off at some shit job, who would wish anything in the world to have her talent, instead of on this piece of trash who did nothing but get her 'high' on real drugs, instead of the fame, fortune, and glory she achieved and would have peaked with. I do, however, feel terrible for her parents, who repeatedly attempted to help their daughter, but was so hard to reach due to her ignorance.

• Like 4

It's very sad that she died, but hopefully (and sadly, unlikely) her death would serve as a good example of how quickly somebody's life can spiral downward because of drugs. She went from being a mildly attractive songwriter with tons of potential to... this. It's just sad. :-/ R.I.P.

I'm in no way glad that she's dead, but I hope this can become a good thing in that people can learn from her mistakes. Countless people see their idols (be it music or TV or whatever) pump their veins with that filth with no repercussions (Keith Richards has already been mentioned in this thread) and I think this happening to somebody in such a high (pun unintended... or is it?) place in the media could show everyone that, hey, fuck, actions have consequences sometimes.

Still, a terrible age to go and it's not like she was endangering anybody else by doing what she was doing. Wouldn't say tragic, but still a shame.

How unoriginal?

She should have gone to rehab.

Like first page it was already done and no one laughed THEN unoriginal.

For one, that was a sarcastic remark, I wasn't seriously bitching. So way to jump the ship on that one. Secondly, I came in and posted the comment without even reading the rest of the thread, so I didn't even know at the time that we we're told to 'keep it down' if you will. Thirdly, twonk? Really?

Your comment to Rider is useless and only serves as a lame comeback for an arguement that only you care to keep engaged. Beyond that, GoGo has begun banning people for making stupid jokes here. Do you REALLY want to continue to remind people you made a stupid joke?

• Like 1

Whoopie, I made a stupid joke. I agree that it was stupid, but that's all it was meant to be was a joke. Clearly didn't go over so well, so I edited it out.

GoGo gave me my verbal warning, I took it and understood it, and got rid of what caused it. You're now the one starting an argument from something you weren't even involved in.

So let's just move on.

• Like 1

Whoopie, I made a stupid joke. I agree that it was stupid, but that's all it was meant to be was a joke. Clearly didn't go over so well, so I edited it out.

GoGo gave me my verbal warning, I took it and understood it, and got rid of what caused it. You're now the one starting an argument from something you weren't even involved in.

So let's just move on.

Shovel.jpg

Keep diggin'.

• Like 1