Amy Winehouse dead

The Pub Landlord

Amy Winehouse was amazing: she had an amazing voice, an amazing presence on her songs and an ability to connect with an audience she had never met before. Sad she is gone and that her life ended at 27.

Edited by RockPaperScissors
  • Like 1

Guest BK2010

What's the difference between Amy Winehouse & jack Daniels?

Jack Daniels comes to life when you add coke!

R.I.P and all that.

Edited by BK2010
  • Like 2

Yeah, I'd say so. Maybe different circumstances than what Winehouse's will most likely turn out to be, I don't know, but that's definitely the last incredibly high-profile one.

Can anyone explain to me the logic behind people putting booze amongst her floral tribute, or why the media keep showing them as if its some great mark of respect? Odds are alcohol was at least part of the reason for her early death, seems fucking stupid to me.

wasn't the last celebrity overdose Heath Ledger?

You could argue Jacko, but it was prescribed drugs rather than recreative drugs.

Wasn't Ledger's the same deal?

Everybody is aware that Amy Winehouse, by all reports, didn't die of a drug overdose.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

I just heard on the radio that the post mortem was inconclusive and they're now awaiting the toxicology results? So it may well be so. We'll see in a couple of weeks either way.

Weird. I remember reading somewhere police found no drugs at her house and that she died after going for a nap. Maybe I'm wrong.

I just heard on the radio that the post mortem was inconclusive and they're now awaiting the toxicology results? So it may well be so. We'll see in a couple of weeks either way.

Weird. I remember reading somewhere police found no drugs at her house and that she died after going for a nap. Maybe I'm wrong.

27 year old heroin addicts don't die in their sleep of natural causes. <_<

The only official word I've heard on the matter was that they weren't prepared to comment as it wasn't confirmed.

27 year old heroin addicts don't die in their sleep of natural causes. <_<

The only official word I've heard on the matter was that they weren't prepared to comment as it wasn't confirmed.

27 year olds, period, don't die in their sleep of natural causes. Even if she was clean at the time of her death, it would be similar to the Eddie Guerrero situation, past drug use/abuse lead to health issues leading to death.

I'm not the one to condemn her for it, because adults make their choices, you buy the ticket, you take the ride, yadda yadda yadda, but let's be honest here, you get in as bad shape as she was at one point, you're very lucky to come out the other side.

Actually, 27 year olds do die in their sleep of natural causes. Shit, 20 year olds do. Age has nothing at all to do with your health, drug user or not.

Actually, 27 year olds do die in their sleep of natural causes. Shit, 20 year olds do. Age has nothing at all to do with your health, drug user or not.

Pretty sure it has quite a lot to do with it to be honest, as being older you are more likely to pass away from "natural causes" or pretty much anything to do with your body degenerating, while when you are younger you are less likely to die of the things that catch you when you're older, its not impossible, just a lot less likely. However I think what you were trying to say is that a natural cause death and being young are not mutually exclusive.

While it would ultimately be the most sad thing if Amy Winehouse died of natural causes after kicking a serious addiction, there is likely to be a link between her drug problems in the past and her death at this point, and yes I realise I am not the first person to say this, I am just adding my voice to those that have.

However I think what you were trying to say is that a natural cause death and being young are not mutually exclusive.

That.

Yeah I know 27 year olds can die in their sleep of natural causes but it's incredibly rare; what I was trying to say was it'd be a massive coincidence for a known heroin (and hard drugs in general) user to be one of those incredibly rare cases where someone so young dies naturally. If it wasn't a drug overdose, it was caused by her drug abuse in the not so distant past.

The other reason I didn't think she died of a drug overdose was that Amy Winehouse (allegedly, as I don't know her) was susceptible to having seizures.

I hope her death wasn't drug related but I don't really think there's a chance it wasn't.

As for what I thought of her? I heard like three of her songs. Hated Rehab, liked Back to Black and really, really hated Valerie (even though that's Mark Ronson I suppose) because The Zutons were my favourite band when it came out and her version became infinitely more popular. So yeah, I regularly said stuff like "I fucking hate her" and "she's a cunt" but that was more in line with my tendency to exaggerate/overreact than any real disdain for her. I mostly just saw her as a joke if I'm honest and like most, associated her with tabloid headlines and drug abuse as opposed to her music.

Not at all surprised this has happened but regardless of the cause of death I've got a lot of sympathy for her. Just because she was an addict it doesn't mean her death at the age of 27 isn't tragic and the people saying "well, if this is drug-related, she brought this on herself", as if we're five years old and don't realise that, are a little annoying.

Haven't heard a good joke yet either, which is disappointing.

Edited by Pesci