The '90s Are All That/Childhood Nostalgia Thread

Maxx

Guest mr. potato head

On the one hand, Canadians don't get Teen Nick. :(

On the other hand, Canadians do get Teletoon Retro, which changes up its schedule regularly but current has the stuff you'd expect plus 60s Spider-Man, The Raccoons (which sucked but still) and Reboot! :D

Nick has actually done well for themselves over the 2000s. Cartoon Network had some good shows, but not at the level it was when I was 8-10. Disney, on the other hand, is made for a younger crowd and I can't hate them for that, but I miss their old programming layout. I miss watching a movie every damn night at 7.

Nick has actually done well for themselves over the 2000s. Cartoon Network had some good shows, but not at the level it was when I was 8-10. Disney, on the other hand, is made for a younger crowd and I can't hate them for that, but I miss their old programming layout. I miss watching a movie every damn night at 7.

Does Cartoon Network still show shows like Ed, Edd, and Eddy and Courage The Cowardly Dog? I wouldn't know since over the past few years, my only reason for watching Cartoon Network has been Adult Swim. It's one of two places where I can still find episodes of King of the Hill on TV.

They do, but on no specific schedule. Usually just as timefillers, it feels like.

Also, LD: I fucking loveeeee Ned's Declassified. When it was running new episodes I caught them every week.

EDIT: Eat a dick, NM! King of the Hill is an awesome show.

• Like 2

I hate not having this channel, I've wanted Nick to rerun some of these shows forever. The only good modern Nick shows are iCarly and Victorious, they're great like any other show Dan Schneider works on. Also, I spazzed out when I saw Ned's Declassified on Netflix Instant Viewing a while back.

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

The first four/five seasons of King Of The Hill are some of the best sitcom writing to have ever come out of America. It's an absolute classic, and I shall hear no more ill spoken of it.

• Like 2

The first four/five seasons of King Of The Hill are some of the best sitcom writing to have ever come out of America. It's an absolute classic, and I shall hear no more ill spoken of it.

Yeah. My theory is that KoTH gets a lot of its hate from the fact that it's a very grounded, traditional sitcom - at least in the early seasons. Hell, even in the later seasons it was more grounded and traditional than what The Simpsons or Family Guy were doing. Each season, especially in the early seasons, had an arc and multiple episodes that explored or referenced that arc, whereas with all the other popular animated shows of the time that KoTH was surrounded with relied heavily on absurism and surrealist humour.

Cloudy - remember that time that the WHOLE FUCKING SERIES WAS AMAZING?!

Kirkland - I used to quite enjoy iCarly, but now I just can't get over the fact that a) Carly is annoying and b) Sam does terrible things and never seems to get any (or at least not enough) comeuppance.

Also, I hated Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Anyone else? I thought the Eds were insufferable.

I loooooooved Ed, Edd n Eddy. One of my favourite series from that timeframe - I was either in sixth or seventh grade when it came out, and me and my friends would watch new episodes every Wednesday night and then talk about it Thursday morning. >_>

Ed, Edd n Eddy was great. Me and my dad use to watch it every time it came on. He still asks me every now and then if CN still shows it.

so wait is this on the regular Nick, that does Nick at Nite, or the Nick channel that's on like digital cable and shit? My roommate got a little too excited when I told him about this, and the fact that All That is showing.

If it's on the regular Nick (I have a feeling it isn't?), is it just on one night a week?