The USMNT Thread

HailtotheYo

What I saw today was not easy on the eyes. I expected a draw, and the loss isn't a catastrophe but there's a not much of me that worries about the U.S. chances of qualification. The "worst case scenario" is going to the playoff against presumably New Zealand. The safe picks are Mexico, U.S., and Honduras (in that order) but if Panama is able to get some points off of the U.S., Honduras, or Mexico there's a fear that the U.S. will be looking at 4th in the Hexagonal. As of now the only nation I'm really counting out is Jamaica, but they could play a nice role of spoiler by getting a few points in their home matches.

Definitely hoping the Costa Rica/Panama draw holds.

Jamaica beating Mexico I wouldn't be so happy with, but it would be a good reminder that CONCACAF is deep and the playing field is getting more and more even.

• 1 month later...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/13/concacaf-unveils-groups-and-complete-schedule-2013-gold-cup

Gold Cup groups and schedule announced. US gets a favor with the "surprise minnow" Belize in their group. Mexico avoids the trap match up of El Salvador. Pretty equal groups and the favorites should advance.

Semi-Finals in Jerryworld in Dallas, and the Final at Soldier Field in Chicago.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/England - 5/3 SO), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire - 0/0), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake - 0/0)

DEFENDERS (6): Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake - 0/0), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City - 0/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/England - 6/0), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy - 1/0), Clarence Goodson (Brondby/Denmark - 5/0), Justin Morrow (San Jose Earthquakes - 0/0)

MIDFIELDERS (9): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla/Mexico - 26/6), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake - 2/0), Michael Bradley (Roma/Italy - 20/5), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana/Mexico - 1/0), Maurice Edu (Bursaspor/Turkey - 10/0), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04/Germany - 6/0), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht/Belgium - 13/0), Brek Shea (Stoke City/England - 2/0), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City - 4/0)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar/Netherlands - 18/6), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna/Austria - 2/0), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur/England - 27/11), Herculez Gomez (Santos Laguna/Mexico - 6/2), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC - 12/10)

Oh Christ, that backline.

Dempsey gets the Arm Band ....

Remaining WCQ home matches:

June 11 vs. Panama at CenturyLink Field (Seattle):

June 18 vs. Honduras at Rio Tinto Stadium (Sandy, Utah):

Sept. 10 vs. Mexico at Columbus Crew Stadium (Columbus, Ohio):

ct. 11, vs. Jamaica at Sporting Park (Kansas City, Kan.):