The USMNT Thread

HailtotheYo

I disagree, HttK. Geoff Cameron - despite his awesomeness to help push along the snow shoveling ground staff - was a liability at the back, giving away far too many fouls. And Jermaine Jones continues to be an unintelligible twatstain, who should have been sent off for his face-palm to Ruiz.

I disagree, HttK. Geoff Cameron - despite his awesomeness to help push along the snow shoveling ground staff - was a liability at the back, giving away far too many fouls. And Jermaine Jones continues to be an unintelligible twatstain, who should have been sent off for his face-palm to Ruiz.

Cameron was 50/50 ... he didn't stick enough to his RB responsibilities but half of the good things from our attack came from him. He was great in support but certainly had some issues doing his job defending.

Jones was fantastic, and the best player on the pitch up until he Jones'd Ruiz. Two things about that ... yes, it was douche-tastic and yet another example of the ongoing problem with him. However, Ruiz overplayed the bitching it up a bit. Given everything that the ref had allowed to that point, and the fact that he was letting the game be overtly physical I'm not surprised Jones thought he could go a little overboard. It doesn't erase the fact that he was an idiot for doing it.

Goodson and Beasley were fantastic, and Bradley was as well. Hell, even Altidore did his job very well and played like a hold up FWD.

Also, this:

herculez-gomez.jpg

pretty much tells the story .... freaking awesomeness.

Soooooooooo the U20 squad will have a glorious time this summer at the U20 World Cup. They've been drawn in Group A ... with Spain, France, and one of Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria or Mali. I'm guessing Ghana because the soccer Gods are funny like that.

Joy.

We are getting about as slaughtered as you can get without actually conceding a goal as of yet. Beasley in particular is a hot mess tonight.

So what's USMNT's qualifying situation if they lose or draw tonight?

Middle to lower-middle of the pack with a looooot of games to go, including four home games. Losing would be unfortunate but acceptable since it's Mexico. A draw would really be pretty good, all things considered.

Mexico's started to look frustrated and less effective as the half went on, and the booing has already started at Azteca. We'll see.

Agreed. I'd really like to buy one and wear it to the Seattle qualifier, but I'm not sure if I can afford it.

Costa Rica and Panama are going to both win, with Panama beating Honduras. Uuuuuuugh, I wanted more draws.