The USMNT Thread

HailtotheYo

ESPN's coverage isn't great but there's no way they can out-awful Fox's coverage. The fact that Eric Wynalda is calling nationally broadcast matches is the worst.

This fucking ref :bang:

Good news is even with ten men we were still having good possession. Hopefully we'll see a second half hulking up though because it seems like one of those games.

And we almost lost Lando. Come on boys.

EDIT- HEY THERE BREK SHEA, FIRST TOUCH GOAL, 1-0 USA!

Edited by OctoberRavenO

CHAMPIONS

Lando was named MVP of the cup, by the way, proving that CONCACAF isn't completely inept.

Lost in the Gold Cup discussion is the fact that Aron Johannsson of AZ Alkmaar has filed his one-time switch and will be playing for the US national team. The quote below is from his Facebook page.

Announcement:
I have decided to make myself eligible for the USA national football team. I was fortunate in that I could choose between playing for Iceland or the USA since I have dual citizenship. It was neither an easy nor hasty decision, because I was faced with two good national teams. I thank the coaches of Iceland for their interest in me and wish the Iceland national team all the best in the future.
Sincerely
Aron Johannsson
AZ Alkmaar

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/08/02/supporters-section-usmnt-mexico-matchup-september-will-be-largest-ever-three

So for the September WCQ against Mexico at Crew Stadium, the American Outlaws will occupy 9000 seats across 27 sections. 9k supporter's section.

Fuck yeah.