The USMNT Thread

HailtotheYo

Roster for BH Friendly:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (Southampton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton)

DEFENDERS (7): John Anthony Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Michael Orozco Fiscal (Puebla), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Roma), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Danny Williams (Reading)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BROOKS ! WOOD !

Yeah, Brooks is exciting. Probably has the potential to be in the CB mix for Brazil and I'd imagine him to be a lock for 2018.

I don't really expect the US to win this one but it should be a fun match to watch with the likes of Brooks and probably Johansson getting significant time. Where did Chandler vanish to, though?

Yeah, Brooks is exciting. Probably has the potential to be in the CB mix for Brazil and I'd imagine him to be a lock for 2018.

I don't really expect the US to win this one but it should be a fun match to watch with the likes of Brooks and probably Johansson getting significant time. Where did Chandler vanish to, though?

Chandler is the question of the day ....

... and at the moment there doesn't seem to be any answers.

Klinsmann has basically given an answer, saying that Chandler is still on the radar but apparently isn't in good enough form to upend, um, Brad Evans or Michael Parkhurst. Ouch.

It seems like a lot of things. He's not really factoring into his club's plans, he's had injuries, there's a strange rumor going around that he has a fear of flying. Oh well.

Jozy Altidore is on fucking fire.

EDIT: Oooh shit, 4-3 now. US better keep it together.

EDIT II: Sweet. 12 wins in a row heading into the two most important games of the Hex. John Anthony Brooks and Aron Johansson should be called in for those.

Finally got to watch it .... holy poo. Brooks and Johansson looked good all things considered. I think Josh Gatt just got forgotten.

I love the attitude that has been instilled in this team. Even down 2-0, the match really wasn't THAT bad at the half.

Bradley is on a path to be a world class player. Every time he steps on the field for us, he's better. Fabian Johnson is really making large strides as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Two biggest games of the Hex coming up, first US at Costa Rica tonight. They're bittercakes over the snow game and we've never won there, so it should be fun.

US lineup:

Howard; Orozco, Gonzalez, Besler; Beasley; Bradley, Jones; Zusi, Donovan, F. Johnson; Dempsey

For the second-half subs I'm going to guess Eddie Johnson no matter what, Aron Johansson if we're still need a goal late, and probably Geoff Cameron or Kyle Beckerman.

EDIT: Oh yes, also, the referee is Mexican. And after this we face... Mexico. lol CONCACAF

EDIT II: Oh also Michael Bradley has an ankle sprain so now it's Geoff Cameron. Jesus.

What a disaster. Altidore and Besler out for home against Mexico, eugh.

EDIT: Michael Bradley apparently left the stadium on crutches too. So basically we're missing four of our likely starters vs. Mexico (Bradley, Altidore, Besler, Evans in order of importance) and Geoff Cameron.

Chepo being fired is not good news for us on Tuesday in any way. His replacement is the guy who coached Mexico to Olympic gold and the squad is going to have the "our manager was just sacked, shit, we need to prove ourselves to the new one" bump.

There's also the part where he's terrible.

Howler by Corona on that goal for us, but I will take it. Mexico has been even flatter this half. No creativity, passing poor, no heart. Our off the ball pressure has been excellent this half, and Gonzalez and Goodson are easily heading ball after ball away.

Costa Rica and Honduras are both winning too, so if results stick, us and Costa Rica are in.