The USMNT Thread

HailtotheYo

The semifinal in Cowboys Stadium tomorrow is shaping up to be a disaster. Firstly, they're banning drums and banners for god knows what reason. Also, this is what the pitch looks like. Yikes.

EDIT: Oh my god. Players will be expected to take corner kicks here. Christ.

92989.png

"Look at this. He actually tried to nail the sod down."

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

Oh jeebus. It gets better guys, they removed the astroturf so it's just a thin layer of sod, filled in with GRASS SAND over solid concrete.

The physical trainers are going to be busy tonight.

CONCACAF cares about money more than logistics/good decisions. Of course, the attendance for this matc isn't great right now but I imagine a lot of the empty seats are Mexican fans who haven't arrived yet.

That is absurd. Why are they even playing the game at Cowboys Stadium?

FC Dallas Stadium Capacity: 20,500

Houston Dynamo's BBVA Compass Stadium Capacity: 22,039

Cowboys Stadium Capacity: 80,000 (Convertible to 105,000 as standing room)

That's why, basically.

That was a great freaking match ... we looked damn good.

Also .. LOL MEXICO !!! Bwahahahahahahahahhahaha

We get Paaaanaaamaaaaa in the final !

Not sure why the turf was so shitty ... they've played matches in Jerry World before and it wasn't like this, nowhere near it actually.

This would be funnier to me if it didn't probably mean that Chepo's going to be fired now and Mexico might get a competent manager.

But it's still funny.

• Admin

That's why, basically.

I get that it obviously has a huge capacity but they'll get nowhere near filling it?

That's why, basically.

I get that it obviously has a huge capacity but they'll get nowhere near filling it?

80K no, but against Mexico/Honduras/El Salvador/Panama the crowds are usually pretty high. Last week against El Salvador we pulled in 70K ... combine that with Mexico playing right after and it makes all the sense in the world.

Explain how it makes sense when the pitch doesn't fit on the fucking field.

Considering I was commenting on your quote about the fucking attendance ... They've been playing soccer there since 2009 (Gold Cup, World Football Challenge, Friendlies) and the issues have never been close to what they were this time.

Also, how does it not fit on the fucking field ?

800px-Cowboys_stadium_inside_view_4.JPG

So called expert on sportscenter saying it doesn't effect them at all because a manager does absolutely nothing during the game but sit there. :/

Who was the "expert"? They usually have Lalas on, and while he becomes incredibly irrational when talking about the national team, I can't imagine ole Gingy would be that thick.

ESPN/Sportscenter has become so embarrassingly bad with their journalism and "expert analysis" on what players tweet and shit it's absurd.