Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Started a game with all the Scandanavian leagues turned on, got a job at Jevnaker IF (Norway, Second Division, 3rd Tier). Made a few free signing, cruised through some easy firendlies. Then I found this guy:

gaston.png

£300 a week for this? Bargain, should rip up the division. Main thing is to get him to sign a new contract at the end of the season

I looked him up on my Pentagon save, his stats are completely different, eg. my version has 12 pace.

Just got Cardiff promoted in the 2nd season. Earnshaw scoring 31 league goals.

Signed Frimpong on loan for the 3rd consecutive season, Ross Barkley and Henri Lansbury were both awesome on loan for me but couldn't sign again. So signed Shelvey and Patjim Kasami instead on permanent deals, had Kasami on loan for two months to cover injury to Peter Whittingham, he scored 6 in 11 starts so I jumped at the chance to sign him for £4.1m.

Long season ahead I'm guessing. No job offer's yet, although I was linked with Liverpool job, was tempted to apply but decided against it. See how this season goes first.

Edited by Gooner27

West Brom?

Yeah, West Brom aren't boring, just very frustrating. My team just refused to play simple football for a long majority of the season and squandered very simple chances. That said, I finished my season in 9th position after a few very good results towards the end of the season. I'm doing a lot of work in pre season, basically remoulding a lot of the squad, though I do need to bring in a few more English players due to the Premier League rules. I have a bunch of Scotish players who I swear were trained in England, but the game says otherwise. Now I have enough strikers, who I can hopefully got on form this season, I'm doing my best to strengthen my midfield and defence. I'll probably post a run dun of all my transfers a bit later, but I'm stoked that I was able to sign Kyle Walker for 3.5 mil, which will hopefully solve my right back problem. Plus, after AC Milan didn't sign him to a new contract, I was able to sign Flamini which is a big coup for me.

Sucks about the strict West Brom wage budget, because I could've had players like Anelka, Drenthe, Bosingwa, Dempsey and a few others - but couldn't afford 'em. Also after a promising pre season I'm really tempted to sign Michael Owen on a free because, well, he's Michael Owen.

Depends for me. 9 time out of 10 they approach me at precisely the wrong moment in the season, when I look like I'm heading towards achieveing something with my current club (whether I succeed is another matter). Those I usually reject out of hand.

I always feel I'm offered the job at the wrong time, too. I always feel I just have a little bit more work to do with the club or I grow a fondness for the players I've bought in and want to see them develop. I usually split the save, but in the future, I think I'll just man up and stick with a decision.

Don't have FM12 yet, but I've begun pissing about on FM11 by redoing a previous game I had on FM10 where I took Parkvilla, more or less my local side as far as the game goes, and put them into the Irish league system. I've done the same only this time I have loaded them up with Man City levels of money for the laugh. So they enter into the First Divison with Roy Carrol, Enda Stevens, Donal McDermott, Michael Ricketts, Terry Dixon, Jay Tabb, Jay Spearing, Sean Tse, Steve Finnan and Yildray Basturk in the squad.

This is going to be very silly.

Went into Gamestop yesterday to maybe get this and saw that it had an hillariously high price tag of €45. I mean charging that much for it is just asking for piracy. Not a hope I'm paying that much with Uncharted, Assasain's Creed and MW3 all on the list before it.

Might have to look into this whole Steam thing for the first time and forgo a physical copy. Does Steam make the game any different at all? I'd hate to think too that someday my internet craps out and I can't play FM, that'd annoy me.

It's a PC game, PC games tend to cost less than console games. It's especially a demotivator knowing I could have it for free by tomorrow if I went looking for it and found a download. I regret not getting it in HMV in Heathrow airpot now where it was like £23.

I really want to get this, but I'm not sure I can afford to get this as well as Skyrim, especially since I'm prone to getting bored with the game, and while that would seem like a reason to just not buy it, I do ended up with occasional games that I get very involved in. I think I may try and convince someone to get me this as a birthday present instead.

Went into Gamestop yesterday to maybe get this and saw that it had an hillariously high price tag of €45. I mean charging that much for it is just asking for piracy. Not a hope I'm paying that much with Uncharted, Assasain's Creed and MW3 all on the list before it.

Might have to look into this whole Steam thing for the first time and forgo a physical copy. Does Steam make the game any different at all? I'd hate to think too that someday my internet craps out and I can't play FM, that'd annoy me.

You can just play in offline mode

Didn't flap it in the playoffs this season with Stockport :D Beat Gillingham 1-0 in extra time thanks to Antonio German, also got to the Paint Trophy final before getting smashed by Watford :(

So going into my 4th season and now in League 1, lost my best striker Damián Casalinuovo who went to Bari on a bosman (Nothing I could do really, considering they got promoted to Serie A) so the fans moaned abit about that. But hey I got Stephen Warnock on a bosman somehow.

I swear, it's a trademark of my Leicester games for Newcastle to get relegated in the second season. I feel bad for them, they've been absolutely raided in this save. Bought in a shedload of youngsters over the summer to try and boost our money when I have to sell them on. Make a nice profit there, whilst I also try and fix the overall team enough to stop the lack of contuinity in results. Bought in a 4 and a half star keeper last night, along with the six youngsters (all of whom have potential to be 4* or above), who should help keep Kas Schmeichel on his toes a bit more (who is 4*, but judging by friendlies is more consistent).

It's a PC game, PC games tend to cost less than console games. It's especially a demotivator knowing I could have it for free by tomorrow if I went looking for it and found a download. I regret not getting it in HMV in Heathrow airpot now where it was like £23.

When was that? I checked HMV at Heathrow 2 weeks ago and it was £35

League Cup first season and a 8th place finish. FA Cup runners-up second season and a 7th place season.

Me: Can I have some money please, Mr. Ashley?

Ashley: :lmao:

I may just resign. Somehow, I don't think signing a 33 year old Yossi Benayoun on a free is going to take us to the next level.

When was that? I checked HMV at Heathrow 2 weeks ago and it was £35

It would've been on the 24th of October. This also was in the tax free one in the Ireland departures section, Everything there is dirt cheap it's one of my favoruite parts about visiting London, got Arkham City on PS3 for £32 too.

By coincidence of browsing the 'Music and Video Games' thread whilst setting up my tactics for a match, I ended up having C&C Red Alert 2's Hell March 2 playing through my Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd leg against Spurs (which we started 2-1 down).

This made the match seem about 10 times more intense than it probably was. :shifty:

• Like 2