Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Gazz: the game has no doubt calculated in its own obscure way that his cross was going in at the far post before the keeper deflected it in, thereby not making it an own goal.

To be honest I've see a defender hack a ball across the line and it be credited as an own goal from a player nowhere near. I just don't ask too many questions. :shifty:

Watch it in full screen, there's no player anywhere near it. If anything, it hits the side netting on the outside, travels through it and registers as a goal.

Finally crumbled to the FM pressure (Mates have been haranguing me to get into the series since '08). I read the Cobresol portion of the FM diary last year, and inspired by PENTAGON~! I took to South America. It's a shame I can't actually select Cobresol since they're not in the premier league, did you guys just promote them or is there a work around?

So I start unemployed and win everything basically? Sounds like fun. Can't wait to absolutely suck at tactics and team management and promptly lose every game, but I'll manage (geddit!?).

Finally crumbled to the FM pressure (Mates have been haranguing me to get into the series since '08). I read the Cobresol portion of the FM diary last year, and inspired by PENTAGON~! I took to South America. It's a shame I can't actually select Cobresol since they're not in the premier league, did you guys just promote them or is there a work around?

So I start unemployed and win everything basically? Sounds like fun. Can't wait to absolutely suck at tactics and team management and promptly lose every game, but I'll manage (geddit!?).

Sure you're looking in the right place? Cobresol are in the Peruvian First Division. Always have been.

Anyone else come across the Soccer AM team yet?

Has anyone ever actually successfully appealed a ban in FM?

Also, I've gone from conceding/scoring loads to having so many offsides since losing Baxter. I miss him. He made my team fun. :(

Once upon a time in one of the older FM's I appealed a ban and it worked. Only once.

I started up a game as Sydney FC and its quite fun. The player restrictions are a bit annoying, but I managed to win the A-League in my first season and I'm still in the Asian Champions League. Plus I have Bret Emerton~!

And I had a brief stint as New Zealand U23's manager in the Olympics. 2 points from a group that had Brazil, Iran and Belarus, not amazing but still.

I say have a pop at managing in the downunderverse, its quite fun.

Sure you're looking in the right place? Cobresol are in the Peruvian First Division. Always have been.

Anyone else come across the Soccer AM team yet?

I selected leagues, went to pick a team from Peru and could only pick from the 'Premier League'. They weren't there?

So I started unemployed, got a job offer from Santo André and I've spent the better part of the day just going through my players, figuring out who is who and slowly building my formation of 4-3-3 (Midfield is my CDM with two Centre Midfielders ahead. Got a lone striker being fed by two wingers who would be given the Nani option of cutting inside and blasting the ball at the general direction of their keeper).

Unfortunately, after slaving away on my defence and midfield I find that I have no players capable of Right Wing, a rubbish left Winger who is really a LB (and not with the Gareth Bale skills to be moved forward annoyingly). And I have like 2 brilliant strikers and 3 pretty good ones. I really don't want to play 4-4-2 but I can feel it coming on.

Anyone got advice on playing a 4-4-2 formation on FM? I'd typically go CDM, LM, RM and CAM but I don't fancy getting dominated for possession in the centre of the field.

AM-DMLC-MRC-AM is what I use. They look horribly spread out on the tactics screen but are much closer on the actual pitch.

I'm in 2015 and seeing Danny Sturridge has rotted in the Chelsea Reserve team for four years makes me a sad panda.

And spoilers for Stokerino

Lucas Piazon - on loan to League One Crystal Palace - 22 games, 1 goal.

• Like 2

What determines if an appeal will work or not if a player's work permit doesn't go through?

I'm playing as Chelmsford, and I found an older striker from America who has great finishing and agreed to come play for me for peanuts, but his work permit was declined, as was my appeal. I thought my scoring woes were over. :(

I don't know the exact science behind the appeals but they're supposed to have either played like 75% of their nations internationals over the past year or have a strong reputation. The example they used to cite was Juninho of Middlesbrough, didn't really play for Brazil but was a well known player so he got his work permit.

In actuality, in terms of FM, I've always found that last part lacking. I've had players that have won European awards, got into teams of the year etc and they still get turned down.

I did one of those games where you load all of the leagues and start off as an unemployed bum. I am now manager of Dynamos in the South African First Division! Doing well too. I constructed a team that was basically players from South Africa's 2002 World Cup squad that have since been down on their luck, and I've taken the division by storm - I'm halfway through the season with a seven point lead!

My career plan is to stay at Dynamos for a season in the Premier League, move to Kaiser Chiefs or someone big for a couple of years, go to Kilmarnock and win them the SPL and then get a job at a mega club! Probably won't go to plan though.

Decided to give my Pentagon game a rest before returning to it, I probably need to get the hang of the game with a decent team before I drop down and try my hand at the lower leagues. So I chose City, get lucky as fuck with Tevez requesting to be allowed to stay since Balotelli got injured after 10 mins into my first friendly. Bastardo! But Silva, Tevez and Toure managed to absolutely boss the game so it's all good.

Now, to move away from huge spendings on foreign talent (except Ganso, I'm determined to get that guy) to spending way too much trying to get some more English players into the team.