EWBs Top 20 Rappers Of All Time Nomination Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Wow DMN, surprised you went as far east as Detroit. :P

And you really love DJ Quik, having him up there twice and all that.

To be fair, Em might as well be a west coast guy. He raps like it anyway.

Replace the second DJ Quik with, ummm, B Real, since Cypress Hill deserves some love.

I'll probably end up redoing the whole list, since I'm only really happy with the top 3. I should probably put Mos Def, Eric Sermon, and Common on there. Beastie Boys deserve a mention, so I do like New York stuff, just original NYC, not Biggie, although the only reason I didn't put Jay on the list is because that 'Empire State of Mind' song made me hate him. Nas is alright.

I'll re-do my list later.

Okay, you guys are gonna' hate this list.

1. Eminem - He was the first rapper that got me into the style (Well, technically it was Fred Durst, but fuck that guy), and the way he raps just seems so smooth. In the song Forever by Drake featuring a bunch of other rappers, his rap blows me away every time.

2. Kanye West - I love his lyrics, I love his smooth rapping, and he's one fucking cool dude to boot. The Taylor Swift incident just shows how awesome he is.

3. Andre 3000 - This guy is a cool cat. More people should vote for him.

4. Kid Cudi - His singles are so delish, as is when he's featured during Kanye's and Snoop's songs. His part in Pursuit Of Happiness is so awesome.

5. Tupac - Well, like duh.

6. Biggie - Interchangeable with Tupac, TBH.

7. Will.I.Am - His appearances on the Cheryl Cole's albums is godlike, plus he's awesome during the early Black Eyed Peas days.

8. Jay-Z - Some of his stuff is very 'meh', but there are some that just stick with you and are sweet.

9. Ludacris - Nobody else talks about booty shaking better than this man.

10. Snoop Dogg

Guest BK2010

Don't really listen to much in the way of rap but had a go.

1. Missy Elliott

2. Lady Sovereign

3. Eminem

4. Busta Rhymes

5. Dizzee Rascal

6.Notorious B.I.G

7. Tupac

8. Lil Kim

9. Queen Latifah

10. Ludacris

It's really not fair you can't include groups. :( But, whatever. I think it should have been Top 20 Favorite Rappers, then I could have voted for Domo Genesis, goddamnit. :shifty:

Don't judge me.

1. 2Pac

2. Kanye West

3. Jay-Z

4. The GZA (of the Wu-Tang Clan)

5. Lil' Wayne

6. Saul Williams

7. MF DOOM

8. Juicy J (of Three 6 Mafia)

9. Black Thought (of the Roots)

10. Afroman

EDIT: Traded out Black Thought for The GZA. I don't know how I forgot about him. Replaced Chali 2na with Black Thought.

If we could have groups, I'd have M.O.P. here, but I don't really know which one is better individually.

1. Ghostface

2. MF DOOM

3. Justin Warfield

4. GZA

5. Raekwon

6. Del tha Funkee Homosapien

7. Kool Keith

8. Rakim

9. Ol' Dirty Bastard

10. Aesop Rock