Wrestling Manager?

Tyrone

That's a shame. I was totally going to play this game before I found out it wasn't a stand-up arcade cabinet.

You can stand your iPhone on an arcade cabinet if that helps. Hell it wouldn't surprise me if the next iPhone lets you send your phones image, straight to Apple TV. So if you put Apple TV in your arcade cabinet you will totally be able to play it. Now I just gotta figure out how to get the money from the coin-op....

That's a shame. I was totally going to play this game before I found out it wasn't a stand-up arcade cabinet.

You can stand your iPhone on an arcade cabinet if that helps. Hell it wouldn't surprise me if the next iPhone lets you send your phones image, straight to Apple TV. So if you put Apple TV in your arcade cabinet you will totally be able to play it. Now I just gotta figure out how to get the money from the coin-op....

Your username fits you so perfectly it isn't even funny.

• Like 2

Don't even need to do that, Sousa can eat his words with this.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/e762/

Aww yeah.

Will this game use Games Center?

Yes, we are trying to doing something cool with that too.

Every wrestling fan knows about the Monday Night Wars where WCW beat WWE in the TV Ratings on weekly basis. Well instead of publishing out "top scores" to Game Center we are AIMING to just publish your average TV show over the last month of events that you have run. That way we can see who has the best ratings and who really does have the best show in wrestling.

We have some basic Game Center parts already implemented so we just need to double check that we can actually do that but I don't see there being any problems with it.

Then on top of that we are looking at what achievements we can add that are fun.

Don't even need to do that, Sousa can eat his words with this.

http://www.thinkgeek...ro-gaming/e762/

Aww yeah.

I'm soooooo about to order that!

AMAZING!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Surely those names and likenesses are infringing on some sort of copyright. Rod Van Damn? "Little" Zeek? Johnny Coaching?

They will be if the "game" ever amounts to anything more than concept art and a blog entry.

Surely those names and likenesses are infringing on some sort of copyright. Rod Van Damn? "Little" Zeek? Johnny Coaching?

Nah, it's a parody which is all legal. Just like how Rob Van Dam isn't breeching Jean Claud Van Dam, Gillberg wasn't breeching Goldberg, Sting wasn't breeching The Crow or more recently The Joker, etc.

We are very upfront that we aren't putting out a licensed game and that we are parodying the industry on a whole. These are new characters and we don't want anyone to confuse them with the real thing.

Those that still don't think it's going to be a game, ask yourself if we'd be getting coverage on sites like Wrestlezone and WrestlingNewsSource or magazines like Power Slam and gaming websites like nxus and 411mania if we weren't the real deal. We'll be out fairly soon and I hope you all enjoy it.

Edited by Serious Parody

Nah, it's a parody which is all legal.

You might say it's a....serious parody.

• Like 17

Guest mr. potato head

Ask yourself if we'd be getting coverage on sites like Wrestlezone [...] if we weren't the real deal.

"Hey self, is it your experience that WrestleZone has a thorough team of fact-checkers and strong regard for journalistic integrity and ultimate truth?"

"Nope."

:/

• Like 3

Ask yourself if we'd be getting coverage on sites like Wrestlezone [...] if we weren't the real deal.

"Hey self, is it your experience that WrestleZone has a thorough team of fact-checkers and strong regard for journalistic integrity and ultimate truth?"

"Nope."

:/

Well, it's not for me to tell you who you can trust but I've never heard anyone doubt the credibility of Power Slam magazine and they are covering us too.

Doubters gonna doubt, haters gonna hate!