2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

He's also got more total TDs than Jimmy Clausen had last season.

So do I :shifty:

In an effort to say something positive about the abortion that I just watched, maybe the Giants will finally get rid of Coughlin at the end of this season. If that's all they're going to be playing with this year, then they will be heavily involved in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Edited by naiwf

So in his first NFL start, on a team that won 2 games last year, Newton breaks the record for passing yards in week one by a rookie, breaks the Panther's franchise record for passing yards in any game by a rookie, ties the NFL record for passing yards by a rookie in any game and ties Clausen's TD total for all of last season.

But yeah, that's only a little impressive, right? :rolleyes:

I'll be happy to admit Cam had a hell of a game. I wonder if Arizona just went in with no idea for a game plan against them or if they just expected them to run Williams all the time. Or if they're really one of the worst defenses in the history of history. No way you should be giving up that kind of yardage to a rookie who hardly had a training camp.

I'm gutted that the Colts got blown out and the Panthers lost by a yard but at least Cam played a great game. Yeah I know it's week 1 against the Cardinals but I'm one of those guys that just believes he'll succeed so it's nice to see him doing it. I know he has a lot of detractors but I hope he has a great career down here and continues to represent NC with pride.

Question. Even though I'm (hopefully) holding my ground in discussion here, I'm still British. Since Carolina are based in North Carolina, generally, do South Carolina cheer or boo the Panthers?

Also, I think we figured out what the 49'ers stand for nowadays. How long it takes for the Seahawks to collapse. (Y)

Jim Harbaugh has always had Pete Carroll's number.

Cam Newton played great, I was on the fence about him and still am but I'm closer to leaping over into "This guy can actually play" territory. One week representation, as impressive as it is, is still a one week representation.

It's gonna be a long year for Giants fans everywhere.

If the Chargers don't make Tolbert their primary back next week, then Norv Turner is insane.