2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Please, if I don't see a 600 yard game I'm not going to be impressed by Newton :pervert:

I'm just saying, he threw an interception and good quarterbacks never throw picks. You know who never threw picks? Brett Favre, and he's the greatest of all time. Do the math, guys.

He actually looked really bad on the Steelers today.

He's playing for the Steelers now, right guys? Because that QB definitely played Favre-esque. It's always fun when he just throws lobs to the other team. The old gunslinger.

You guys have your own commentators for NFL games? Do they know what they're talking about?

Nah they're just guys in the studio, we have the feed from NBC (or the station it's on for other times) for the actual game.

The new guy is rather uselses though, sitting with a bit of paper in his hand reading off it.

I actually found the BBC coverage of last years Superbowl rather... friendly. While Sky Sports had superior analysts, BBC were a lot more fun to watch mostly I assume because they were trying to get newcomers involved in (American) Football.

But yes, that guy is rather large.

The Lions won, woo hoo! And they looked far better than the score even indicates. They took their foot off the gas in the second half which was a mistake.

I realize I am a little late to the party, but to weigh in on the Cam Newton topic; I was a skeptic, but I can't deny that he looked good today. What was impressive is that he wasn't jump dumping the ball off and running screens to pad his numbers like a lot of rookies are forced to do. He was stretching the field and doing it effectively hitting Steve Smith for long gains multiple times. I'm still a little bit skeptic, but I'm definitely less so after today. Three of his next four games come against Green Bay, Chicago and New Orleans, so we should get an idea of what he has rather quickly.

This week has SUCKED. My fantasy team is playing like shit, the Giants are losing to the Deadskins of all teams and I have to read a bunch of praise for $cam Newton. Now watch the Sanchize throw for 400+ yards in a 38-0 blowout just so I can hear all about how the Jets are destined to win the SB this year. Ugh.

Shut up, you know you'd hate a Cowboys win more.

Not true. The Giants will be lucky to win 7 games this year and it's pretty clear that the Cowboys and/or Eagles will be playoff teams so I'm resigned to that. But, the Jets winning the SB would make living in this city unbearable. Yankees fans are slightly less annoying than the new era Jets fan. It's so bad that I would have to root for Dallas if Jets/Cowboys was the SB pairing :(

The cherry on the poop sundae that is this week is that I'm also in last place in the Pick 'Em league. Fantastic.

Nothing is as bad as the Yankees bandwagon that started in the mid to late 90s. Pretty much kids our age and younger.

Cam Newton was definitely impressive. I don't care who he was playing against....it was his first NFL start as well. Doesn't mean he'll be a better pro then Luck (which some people on Twitter were posting earlier today) but it is one hell of a start. I think it was Bruce Arthur who posted on twitter that "its almost like he's been paid to play football before!"

If the 49ers can stay in the playoff hunt I'll be very happy.

Edited by sahyder1