2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

NFL players hit in the head all the time. You rarely see a player actually tackle the fundamental way anymore. It kinda ticks me off when I see it, too, because a lot of the injuries might be prevented if players played the game the way it was meant to be played. Anyone catch the OU/FSU game last week when both Sooner defenders collided with the FSU WR, leading to him leaving on a stretcher? Neither of those players even attempted to raise their arms up to tackle the guy, but instead acted like a human torpedo.

/rant

• Like 1

That's one of my biggest beefs with the game too. Not necessarily because of injuries, but because you see these kids think they're strong enough to just run into someone. Then the ball carrier bounces off the guy and runs for another ten yards. Wrapping your arms around the ball carrier is so fundamental, but everyone thinks they're Superman out there nowadays.

I was almost laughing when I picked the Bills and saw they were down 14-0 earlier....

now .... yeah.

oh and the how long till Vick gets hurt again pool? hahaha

edit: wish I had this Texans/Saints game, looks great.

wow did you guys see that highlight TD catch Kevin Walter got?

Edited by mystikz

Mike Vick is going to be dead by week 6 with this abortion of an offensive line.

Unfortunately. And our linebackers are HORRENDOUS. Plus the typical Andy Reid play-calling abilities (1st and goal TWICE and only 6 pts ; unnecessarily going for it on 4th and 1), and terrible time management. I'm ready to start the WE WANT COWHER chants...

Edited by Ron