2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

They could have very well won if they found a way to sack Roethlisberger on that last drive too. Would have gotten the ball back with more time and maybe a still tied score.

Instead the Steelers escape. That offensive line is a serious concern and any team that can rush the QB is going to be a nightmare for them. As we saw in week 1.

What exactly went on in that play? That confused the fuck out of me.

Devin Hester deked the punt team by pretending he was running to the ball, when in actuality it was on the other side of the field and Johnny Knox ran it back for a TD that was called back because of a penalty. The only stupid thing about the play was the Bears were down 10 at the time. You don't show your best trick play in a game that you're still going to lose even if it works.

They could have very well won if they found a way to sack Roethlisberger on that last drive too. Would have gotten the ball back with more time and maybe a still tied score.

Instead the Steelers escape. That offensive line is a serious concern and any team that can rush the QB is going to be a nightmare for them. As we saw in week 1.

That game last night proves what Steelers fans have been saying about Roethlisberger all along. Without him, we're fucked.

How he manages to pull games out of his ass at the end with atrocious O-Lines I'll never know. Freeney may have saved the Steelers season if Jonathan Scott was severely injured on that play. Once Scott and Doug Legursky came out, the O-Line wasn't too bad. Those two guys are absolutely atrocious and it's embarrassing that someone in the Steelers coaching staff thinks Scott is a legitimate player in this league, let alone a starting left tackle.

Forget Dwight Freeney, he couldn't even block Mr. Feeny. He fucking sucks.

Normally you wouldn't want to try and force a team with a QB as good as Roethlisberger to throw on you, but the Steelers O-Line is so bad that if the Steelers run on first down, and you sell out to stop it, it plays into your hands on 3rd and long because you can tee off on the QB.

The Steelers' gameplan wasn't really wise either, after the first two scoring drives they ran the ball on first down 15 times, playing right into the Colts' hands. I'm so sick of this "establish the run" bullshit that Art Rooney II wants to see. Your best player is your QB, you don't take the ball out of his hands to run into a brick wall. Not if you want to win anyway.

But if the Steelers had a decent O-Line they could pass to open up the run. But the O-Line sucks and they can't do either. This season is looking a LOT like the Super Bowl season of 2008, but with a worse defense. I'm not too confident right now. This team has a LOT of problems and they don't correct at least half of them soon, this season is going to be a failure.

What exactly went on in that play? That confused the fuck out of me.

Devin Hester deked the punt team by pretending he was running to the ball, when in actuality it was on the other side of the field and Johnny Knox ran it back for a TD that was called back because of a penalty. The only stupid thing about the play was the Bears were down 10 at the time. You don't show your best trick play in a game that you're still going to lose even if it works.

The announcers couldn't find the penalty, I have no idea where it was. I'm not sure either why they'd try something like that when the game is over no either way.

I've always been under the assumption that coaching is the Bears problem. Lovie Smith is terrible, and Mike Marts is only hurting Cutler.

I assumed however that if you signalled for a fair catch, the ball wasn't live unless the person who signalled it muffed it, and it was then a fumble. Otherwise it was a dead ball on the spot it lands.

We don't have fair catch in the CFL, we just make the return guys sign living wills and organ donation forms before each punt, so the way fair catch rules work to me are a bit alien.

I assumed however that if you signalled for a fair catch, the ball wasn't live unless the person who signalled it muffed it, and it was then a fumble. Otherwise it was a dead ball on the spot it lands.

We don't have fair catch in the CFL, we just make the return guys sign living wills and organ donation forms before each punt, so the way fair catch rules work to me are a bit alien.

Anyone can signal for a fair catch. You just can't tackle the guy with the ball if he was the one to signal for the fair catch.

Anyone can signal for a fair catch. You just can't tackle the guy with the ball if he was the one to signal for the fair catch.

Yeah. You usually see the fake fair catch thing inside the 10 yard line when the returner is hoping, or already knows, that the ball is going to bounce/fly into the end zone. They're just hoping that a defender doesn't spot the ball and swat it back into the field of play. It was a pretty slick play design which is why using it at that time in a game was stupid. Save something like that for a game where the final outcome can change on a single possession.

Seeing plays like that make me sad to think of all the wacky plays teams hhave in their arsenal that we'll more than likely never see.

What was the call on the field by the official then. Was it holding or clipping? They've had to have called it as something?