2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

I am in shock that the Birds just won this game. Thought for sure that they were about to have ANOTHER 4th Quarter collapse.

Andy Reid just referred to it as "A huge Big East..I mean NFC East..win"

Yea..the Eagles are basically on par with college teams

You can't blame Coughlin for Eli's fumble

We all know what happened in '07.

2004 - 5-2 start, 1-8 finish

2005 - 11-5 regular season . . . 23-0 loss at home to the Panthers in the playoffs.

2006 - 6-2 start, 2-6 finish gets them to backdoor into the playoffs where they lose to the Eagles

2008 - 11-1 start, had the best record in the league until Plaxico shoots himself . . . they finish 1-4 and lose their first playoff game yet again.

2009 - 5-0 start, 3-8 finish, no playoffs

2010 - 6-2 start, 4-4 finish including the most epic of chokes, no playoffs.

How many more years does he get to see the team fail once again down the stretch?

2011 - 6-2 start, 0-2 in the second half. Playoff outlook getting hazy. Seems eerily familiar. If only I could remember the last time it took place. . .

Yeah. Devastating loss and I have zero doubt that they are going to go into Second Half Collapse: Part 3

There seems to be a sentiment amongst older fans that you're not a "real fan" unless you exhibit blind faith in your team at all times. Balls to that. I'll root for my team til the end of time, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that everything is fine and that they aren't looking like their season is going to spiral out of control yet again, especially with their crazy schedule left. We've danced this dance far too often and at this point I'd rather be realistic and happily surprised than overly optimistic and crushed.

After 2 straight collapses, the burden of proof is on the Giants to avoid being choke artists again. I will happily eat crow if they do.

Edited by kbusch22
  • Like 1

Honestly think the Giants might be lucky to go 8-8.

I agree. This season they won't have to wait for another Week 16/17 chokejob that keeps them out of the playoffs. They'll be out of the mix long before then, especially with that brutal stretch at the end - PHI, @NO, GB, @DAL, WASH, "@"NYJ, DAL. They could very well reach the bye week at 5-1, or even 6-0, and still finish 7-9.

Given the way 6 of the last 7 Giants seasons have ended, I'm praying for 8 wins now. They went from possibly being the # 2 seed if they held on to a late lead in SF, all the way down to 8th in the conference in the span of 2 weeks. There's no way they win in Nawlins or hold the Packers under 38, so we're looking at 6-6 with 2 games left against the Cowboys. There's no way they run the table from there, and it's going to be a 3rd straight season where we led the division early and still missed the playoffs. Fire up the lynch mob!

Sad thing is..the Eagles are 4-6, but 3-1 in the division

I actually like Tom Coughlin as a coach, and have supported him keeping his job the past 2 years because I really feel like it's not his fault that he's consistently given players who fold in the clutch. But if they don't make the playoffs I do think it's time for a change, if only out of principle. Clean out the coaching staff as well, especially Kevin "3rd down shotgun draw play" Gilbride.

The players are not likely to change much. But maybe a new staff will help. Cowher will be the top guy rumored I'm sure. I dunno. Out of solutions at this point.

Cutler's injury sucks, but fortunately the second half of teh schedule is a lot less daunting than the first half, and Hanie might be alright in a game-managing Orton-in-'05 type role. Hell, if I remember rightly, he did alright against the Packers in the championship game, especially behind that revolving door of a line.

Cutler's injury sucks, but fortunately the second half of teh schedule is a lot less daunting than the first half, and Hanie might be alright in a game-managing Orton-in-'05 type role. Hell, if I remember rightly, he did alright against the Packers in the championship game, especially behind that revolving door of a line.

150 yards, 2 INTs one being a pick six. 1 TD. It was a mixed bag, but chasing the game the picks were likely.