2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

I honestly don't know where I fall with this debate. Media coverage aside, I do like that there's a non-prototypical QB out there risking his body and getting it done. I don't like that it's not as fun to watch as I thought it would be, and that he's left handed. I hate watching left handed QBs, it's just...wrong.

I honestly don't know where I fall with this debate. Media coverage aside, I do like that there's a non-prototypical QB out there risking his body and getting it done. I don't like that it's not as fun to watch as I thought it would be, and that he's left handed. I hate watching left handed QBs, it's just...wrong.

I'm the exact opposite. When I first started following the NFL in the mid to late 90s I was a big Steve Young/Mark Brunell fan.

Matt Prater is such an enigma. The dude can nail 60-yarders, yet sometimes he'll kick a 30-yarder and it'll look like two ducks fucking in mid-air.

I'm not getting into the Tebow debate. Everyone is going to have their opinions. Some people are stats people, some people are intangibles people. The fact is we were absolute turds with Orton in. Then we got rid of our top receiver. And now we're on a six game winning streak, and a game up in the AFC West. Love him or hate him, Orton would not have the Broncos where they are right now had he stayed in the starting position. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Somebody give me the completion percentage of Brett Favre in 1996. You can't right? But I bet you know he won the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying we're going all the way. Not even remotely close. We've had every bounce come our way for the last month and a half. Hell, I'm expecting us to come back to earth and get destroyed next week against New England. My point is that when the season is all said and done, all anyone cares about is who won. And right now, we're winning.

It's a good thing Tim Tebow banged home those 2 50+ yard FG's to win the game today. That dude does it all.

It's a good thing Prater made that 10 yard pass to get Denver on the board. Man that guy is so clutch.

Dick.

Sahyder: Have you played sport in a competitive manner? Like, ever?

What does me having played or not played have anything to do with it? Have you played in the NFL? No. So I guess your point doesn't count either?

Because I play hockey competitively as a goalkeeper and I know that when I am on my game, the entire team and especially the defense lifts. When I am playing well, the team has confidence to do things they would normally not do because they know that if it doesn't come off, I can bail them out.

It is very similiar for a quarterback - when Tim Tebow plays well, the team lifts. Denver's notoriously bad receivers (who still do drop their fair share of passes) start making some plays. The defense comes on in leaps and bounds. We are all watching it happen in front of our eyes.

This team has stated that they believe in Tim Tebow. This might just sound like a sound byte to you, but to me it speaks volumes. In my experience, teams generally say that "we all just work hard and do our parts" when success comes their way. But this team is not doing that.

Tim Tebow may not go out there and connect every pass. He might not kick any Field Goals, he might not make any picks, recover any fumbles or record any sacks. But the fact of the matter is that with him as Quarterback, the entire team is playing better.

And that is why I asked you if you played sport competitively. Because your posts struck me as those made by someone who didn't and thus would not understand this phenomenon.

• Like 5

I have a feeling the 49ers are going to be one and down in the playoffs. Alex Smith is never going to better than average.

who saw that Redskins TD pass by Brandon Banks on the reverse? crazy stuff.

Pats D is terrible, good thing they have that 12th guy in the stripes helping them out like always.

Here are some things that coincide with Tebow's 7-1 record:

- The difference between the 7-1 team and the 1-4 team was that the latter's defense was injured, and were like a thimb in a waterfall. The defense gets healthy, and boom, they're able to hold teams close while their quarterback stinks up the joint for 3 quarters.

- Typically speaking, the opposition does something stupid that gives the Broncos chances to get field position, yards, and scores. Whether it's a bonehead penalty, interception, fumble, or their defensive coverage going completely inept, something happens to help Tebow and the offense get ahead.

- Not to forget, the reason why Tebow doesn't have many mistakes is because his coaches won't let him make mistakes. They won't call plays for him to do the idiotic things that most young quarterbacks do. When all you have to do is manage the game and not try to take the game over with your arm, of course your interception count will be down.

- And above all else, the opposing quarterback somehow forgets how to play, and has a terrible game that allows Tebow to outplay him. This goes back to the second point but with the exception of the Lions game, most of the QBs they've face have played poorly in that game, which helped Tebow when he wakes up from that 45-minute siesta he takes before the 4th quarter.

I know people are gonna say "he just wins!" and won't want to hear any criticisms but anyone with eyes can see that it's not just Tebow - it's his entire team picking up the slack. That...and that whole Jesus thing they've got going for them.

• Like 1

And Fait, I doubt you'd find someone who really, honestly believes Tebow is the only reason Denver is winning. If you can find that someone, you found someone completely clueless about football.

But just like any other time, the quarterback gets more credit owed when the team wins, and gets more blame than deserved when they lose. This isn't a new thing...

• Like 5

Oh, no doubt that this is the typical "QB gets all the praise for the wins/all the blame for the losses" thing that happens. Though, I don't doubt that I'd be able to find staunch Tebow fans who think that he has been the single driving force behind their winning streak. I will give the man credit: He's the anti-LeBron - nowhere to be found for the first 3 quarters; puts on his war face for the 4th. I guess a QB getting the team riled up like they're at a pep rally does work.

Going away from the Tebow thing, re: 49ers, anybody who blames Smith for the loss today is either retarded or didn't watch the game. It's not his fault the d-backs can't tackle Larry Fitzgerald and its not his fault when the o-line can't block a blitz. And the entire offense was terrible in the redzone.

Don't get me wrong, he's not elite but they CAN win with him.