2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

I'm happy for the Lions fans here. I don't know that I could sit through an 0-16 season without giving up on the sport entirely.

The Niners are not going anywhere in the playoffs with their inability to score TDs in the red zone, or just outside of it. I just can't see them beating the Saints with the way their offense is playing.

I'm happy for the Lions fans here. I don't know that I could sit through an 0-16 season without giving up on the sport entirely.

The Niners are not going anywhere in the playoffs with their inability to score TDs in the red zone, or just outside of it. I just can't see them beating the Saints with the way their offense is playing.

I was close dude, definitely. But crazy as it seems that 0-16 was a blessing in disguise, it yielded us Matt Stafford. Matt Millen fucked this team so bad for years, but it shouldn't be forgotten that Martin Mayhew has done a great job as our GM, making good trades, signing good veterans, and his draft picks have worked out much better than Millen.

Now I'm not saying the Lions are going to steamroll through the playoffs, but I definitely think they could make some noise if they go in on a hot streak. My only concern is the lack of a pass rush from our d-line, and of course our running game is nowhere near as good as it needs to be. Still, I've never felt better about a Lions QB than I do with Stafford, especially when he has guys like Johnson, Burelson, Young, Pettigrew, and Scheffler to throw to.

• Like 3

I was close dude, definitely. But crazy as it seems that 0-16 was a blessing in disguise, it yielded us Matt Stafford. Matt Millen fucked this team so bad for years, but it shouldn't be forgotten that Martin Mayhew has done a great job as our GM, making good trades, signing good veterans, and his draft picks have worked out much better than Millen.

Now I'm not saying the Lions are going to steamroll through the playoffs, but I definitely think they could make some noise if they go in on a hot streak. My only concern is the lack of a pass rush from our d-line, and of course our running game is nowhere near as good as it needs to be. Still, I've never felt better about a Lions QB than I do with Stafford, especially when he has guys like Johnson, Burelson, Young, Pettigrew, and Scheffler to throw to.

You could put on a blindfold and throw darts at a dartboard ad still get a better draft then Millen

• Like 1

If the Giants win next week, the Lions should be able to beat them in the opening round of the playoffs. I'm assuming they'll end up as the 5 seed because Atlanta will probably lose one of their 2 remaining games.

Peterson's got a torn ACL & MCL. There's nothing worse than a franchise player getting seriously injured in a meaningless game.

I'm not worried because that's not as big an issue as you would think. The whole reason this team has been successful is because they prevent the other team from scoring. Obviously going up against an offense like the Saints is a tough matchup but I'm past the point of doubting the defense's ability to prevent the other team from scoring. If a team gets in the red zone on the 49ers, odds are they're not coming away with anything more than a FG. Which is why the 49ers don't need to score TDs themselves. I would obviously much prefer that they do score TDs than FGs but I don't believe that it's a major cause for concern, either.

I never gave up on it because I figured if they ever win a Superbowl (Still a long way off if ever in my opinion) in my lifetime, it would make it that much sweeter. Also it's easy to give up on a single season which I did in 2008 after only three games. After they got blown out by the 49ers in the third game I declared that they were the worst Lions team I had ever seen and quit watching.

I'm 30 years old now....hard to believe the last time the Lions went to the playoffs I was just graduating high school. It's been a long time and though they may very well be one-and-done, I don't care. Actually being able to see them play a playoff game again would be fantastic.

I never gave up on it because I figured if they ever win a Superbowl (Still a long way off if ever in my opinion) in my lifetime, it would make it that much sweeter. Also it's easy to give up on a single season which I did in 2008 after only three games. After they got blown out by the 49ers in the third game I declared that they were the worst Lions team I had ever seen and quit watching.

I'm 30 years old now....hard to believe the last time the Lions went to the playoffs I was just graduating high school. It's been a long time and though they may very well be one-and-done, I don't care. Actually being able to see them play a playoff game again would be fantastic.

26 years old, pushing 27 myself, so I know how you feel. Honestly, I don't believe that we are that far off from contending. A few improvements on the D and upgrades at o-line and I really think we can get into the elite status of the NFL. Having GB to contend with each year is tough, but I think this team now is so much better off than we have ever been. Stafford is proving that he can win big games and carry the whole team on his back, and of course having a guy like Calvin Johnson can scare the piss out of any D.

It is great though to finally see a Lions team in the playoffs with a bright future ahead of them.

I think they really need to get Avril and Tulloch back for the long haul, they have been great for us all year.

It was just great to see them step up and win the biggest game of the year and do so against a San Diego team that was hot, and historically good in December. I am thrilled, I can't say enough about how happy I am to finally see us winning big games when we need them. Sure beats the Joey Harrington/Jon Kitna years ya know?

26 years old, pushing 27 myself, so I know how you feel. Honestly, I don't believe that we are that far off from contending. A few improvements on the D and upgrades at o-line and I really think we can get into the elite status of the NFL. Having GB to contend with each year is tough, but I think this team now is so much better off than we have ever been. Stafford is proving that he can win big games and carry the whole team on his back, and of course having a guy like Calvin Johnson can scare the piss out of any D.

It is great though to finally see a Lions team in the playoffs with a bright future ahead of them.

I think they really need to get Avril and Tulloch back for the long haul, they have been great for us all year.

It was just great to see them step up and win the biggest game of the year and do so against a San Diego team that was hot, and historically good in December. I am thrilled, I can't say enough about how happy I am to finally see us winning big games when we need them. Sure beats the Joey Harrington/Jon Kitna years ya know?

24, pushing 25 myself, been a Lions fan since birth and I cannot tell you how many times I've been laughed at when I was asked who my team was and up until a couple weeks ago my friends started to realize that we got a fuckin' team now I was continued to be laughed at. After the last 12 years since Barry left, I've openly wondered why I still found a way to watch every week and not want to hang myself for putting myself through that amount of mental torture, thinking this year was finally going to be the year we turned it around only to be brokenhearted 5 weeks in when I would realize that we like the Cleveland Indians are still shitty, I've done that for 12 years and it's not like my other team was any good either, because they're the Raiders and they've sucked just as much and after finally getting rid of JaMumbles they too are on the fast track to success is the ultra competitive world of the NFL, but this is about my Lions after everything I've been through as a fan, this is the greatest christmas present ever.

Tebow giveth, and Tebow taketh away.

If Oakland can knock off the Bolts next week, I feel pretty good about them making the playoffs, because either Denver or Cincy could easily lose. Not sure the Raiders deserve to make the playoffs, but it'd be nice.

The Raiders have weird scenarios. So basically you're gonna be rooting for the Ravens, Chiefs, Jets, and Texans.

OAKLAND RAIDERS

Oakland clinches AFC West division with:

1) OAK win + DEN loss

Oakland clinches playoff spot with:

1) OAK win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie OR

2) OAK win + CIN loss + NYJ win

Here's your full list. Zaniness in the AFC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/50854/nfl-playoff-scenarios