2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Yeah seriously. I love the bandwagon detractors that have come out in droves to shit on Tim Tebow.

And you know what? It has nothing to do with him. He's a great person and every sport could do with a lot more people like him. He's not preachy, he's not in your face about his faith, he's polite and he keeps it to himself, but when questioned about it, answers honestly. People hate him because of he gets a lot of media coverage, which he has absolutely no control over. People hate him because he has passionate supporters, who from what I've seen, aren't even assholes about it. The Bronco hate wave is one of the stupidest ones I've ever seen. The Jets one was stupid too, but at least you could point to some logical reasons behind it, loudmouth coaches and players, fans who are assholes.

The Broncos have none of that.

No offense but what exactly has Tebow done to make him a great person besides being religious?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow#Philanthropic_Work

• Like 1

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah seriously. I love the bandwagon detractors that have come out in droves to shit on Tim Tebow.

And you know what? It has nothing to do with him. He's a great person and every sport could do with a lot more people like him. He's not preachy, he's not in your face about his faith, he's polite and he keeps it to himself, but when questioned about it, answers honestly. People hate him because of he gets a lot of media coverage, which he has absolutely no control over. People hate him because he has passionate supporters, who from what I've seen, aren't even assholes about it. The Bronco hate wave is one of the stupidest ones I've ever seen. The Jets one was stupid too, but at least you could point to some logical reasons behind it, loudmouth coaches and players, fans who are assholes.

No offense but what exactly has Tebow done to make him a great person besides being religious?

Yeah but he only did that stuff in the name of his faith so in Zero's eyes it doesn't count.

• Like 2

Yeah but he only did that stuff in the name of his faith so in Zero's eyes it doesn't count.

And that's the crux of the problem. Yeah, Tim Tebow is an uber-christian, but at least he backs it up. At least he's out there trying to help the sick or the less fortunate. Zero is just equating him with the right wing idiots who only follow the parts of the bible that are convenient to them, the ones who couldn't give a shit about helping anyone but themselves. Tebow isn't like that, and that's why it's annoying to see people lump him in with those kind of people.

• Like 1

Tebow's just setting up the Pats up for the 2nd greatest comeback in NFL postseason history! It's time to UNLEASH!~

I take back what I said about Brady's bad throw. There's no need to go all Drew Brees on Denver's asses here.

Of course there is, Denver knocked him out of the playoffs once, and the world's most insecure athlete never forgets.

There are literally thousands of professional athletes who make charitable ventures and start foundations etc. Have you shit on Chris Bosh before? Foundation. Tiger Woods? Very charitable. Eric Lindros? 5 million to the London Health Sciences center. Lebron James? Shitloads.

I'm not saying hes a shitty guy. I'm saying hes a guy none of us know. If people want to hate on him fine, he's an athlete that kind of scrutiny comes natural.

Edited by rocksta
  • Like 1

There are literally thousands of professional athletes who make charitable ventures and start foundations etc. Have you shit on Chris Bosh before? Foundation. Tiger Woods? Very charitable. Eric Lindros? 5 million to the London Health Sciences center. Lebron James? Shitloads.

And am I saying they're all scumbags compared to Tim Tebow? Nope. So what's your point? I never claimed Tebow was the only athlete who does charitable work, I'm saying there should be even more athletes like him.

Of course there is, Denver knocked him out of the playoffs once, and the world's most insecure athlete never forgets.

LeBron's not playing tonight. I just think it's ridiculous at how much guys run it up these days. You know Brady's going to try to get another couple of TDs.

LeBron's not playing tonight. I just think it's ridiculous at how much guys run it up these days. You know Brady's going to try to get another couple of TDs.

LeBron's not insecure, he's just complacent. We've been over this, Tom Brady still cries about being drafted in the 6th round. There's no contest. With the talent he had, if LeBron was as insecure as Brady is, he'd be scoring 50 a night and steamrolling everyone.

• Like 3

And am I saying they're all scumbags compared to Tim Tebow? Nope. So what's your point? I never claimed Tebow was the only athlete who does charitable work, I'm saying there should be even more athletes like him.

My point is your saying he's a great person and your proof is that he is involved in charitable ventures. Like a ton of other athletes who face their own share of criticism. Just like Tebow has too. People are going to dislike him like any other athlete they have their right to do it. We don't know the guy. Can't just herpderp he's a great guy no ones allowed not to like him.

• Like 2

No, I'm saying people are absolutely shitting on him for no goddamn reason, and he hasn't done much of anything to deserve it. In fact, he's done plenty that deserves praise, but he doesn't get it. I don't know of a lot of athletes who spent their summers building hospitals in third world countries. Yeah, we don't know him, but you seem to be implying that he could be a complete dick in person. There's plenty out there to dispute that, and by all accounts he's a really nice, genuine person off the field.

I'm also not saying no one is allowed to dislike him. Every fan of another SEC school has plenty of reason to hate him, for instance. I'm saying its fucking stupid to hate him because he happens to be Christian and get a lot of coverage about it. Especially since, as I said before, he's a Christian that actually back it up with his actions. If we have to deal with a Christian athlete getting loads of media attention, I'd rather it be one that's actually genuine.

• Like 2

Now it's my turn to use this! :rolleyes:

Almost every athlete has some sort of charity involvement and what Tebow is doing in the Philippines is great... but you're right, I do have issues with missionary work. "Oh sure, you'll get better little sick boy, but you better believe in Jesus!" I'm not going to argue with the end result if it means people who need help get help, but it is a form of blackmail to get more people on your team. And in a lot of these third world countries that have had a heavy missionary influence, the results have been incredibly fucked up. Uganda's "kill the gays" bill is entirely the result of evangelical missionary work from assholes like Rick Warren and Scott Lively.

Zero is just equating him with the right wing idiots who only follow the parts of the bible that are convenient to them, the ones who couldn't give a shit about helping anyone but themselves. Tebow isn't like that, and that's why it's annoying to see people lump him in with those kind of people.

He lumped himself in with those people! He's the one who teamed up with a hate group! I'm not just throwing that phrase around either, the Southern Poverty Law Center has classified Focus on the Family as a hate group and Timmy is one of their spokesmen.

Yeah, he does some great stuff in the name of his religion. So does the Catholic Church... doesn't mean there aren't horrible things associated with both.