NBA 2K12

Blitz

In my 'My Player' mode I made the starting lineup after having a 20-ish point game, then the next 2-3 games I get similar amount of points. And then BAM! 2-3 games of NOTHING going in. Averaging about half of what I normally do, while my teammates can't do anything. But in my last game last night I tied it up with seconds to go (3 pointer!).

In overtime we were up by 2 and the other team was making a fast break...I jump, block the pass, make the steal and then get another basket...after that, they couldn't catch up :D

I got drafted at 19 (I think) by the Suns (I was projected a few spots higher but didn't want to be 'Melo's backup so fucked the interview with them). I don't know if I want to ask for a trade. After four or five games I became a starter, since then I always end up with 20 points (only 43% from the field though) and 5+ rebounds and assists. Issue being that Nash is out for 3-4 weeks and most often when I'm benched we go from being a little in front or a little behind to losing by a substantial margin that can't be caught as we just seem to tread water.

I know it's realistic if I want to be a starter, but hardly winning and not being able to turn games is a bit boring. Especially when I need to hear the same lines every game about letting Amare walk before spending the money on Childress and Frye.

I started with Association, but that was because of the lockout so I wanted to be with the other rookies for My Player. I couldn't really stick with an association because there isn't a team I'm in love with. OKC seems too easy and T'Wolves too hard.

In anything but My Player I have it set to real life % since I want it to be a simulation.

I change it from default to simulation and leave the sliders.

Just got a few minutes to play before I had to run to work, second year I've started out as a SG in MP and second year the Knicks have drafted me. I couldn't get my guy to do any moves on the dribbling drill so I said screw it and played a game. Two questions. If you have the ball what is the button to call for a pick and why doesn't my team ever run any plays? Last year I think it had the icons on where to go and such but there weren't any designed plays ran at all the entire game.

I'm playing 2K11 my player mode right now and I fucking suck, everytime I shoot it says "bad shot selection", all I'm doing is pressing the shoot button.

Help?

First off all is your timing correct? The game is more than just pressing the button and scoring. You need to time your jumpshot correctly to get an accurate shot. Too early and it most likely is off target and going to fast. Too late and it will be too slow and either hit air or the rim and out.

In presentation you can enable shot timing feedback, and it will give you feedback on every shot you take. It will be a little picture showing you if you are either too early, too late or correctly timed.

If you have the timing down, it's all about picking the right spots. When you are just beginning you will NOT score consistently when you are being defended by someone, the other guy will jump to contest and more likely than not your shot will be off target.

Try to get open on the court by maybe running up with a fast break and trying to shoot open shots. Even if you are improving keep hitting the easy shots and don't try to put up a shot against the defender because it will always hurt your shooting.

Also important is shooting where your skills lie, if your player has high 3pt shooting, try to roam the arc and get open shots from range. Also don't step away too far and roam the 3pt line. Most of the times when you shoot your player will automatically set his feet behind the 3pt line.

If you have mid range shooting high, try the midrange. Open shots and well timed ones are easy points for you and will only help. Again don't be a Dirk at the start, you won't be able to beat most defenders because your shooting skills are too low.

Also look to throw points in ''Consistency'' and ''Offensive clutch'' they will make your player more... well consistent in all shooting situations and will give the RNG less chance to screw you over.

Also if your ''abilities'' are poor, your player will be bad at said shots. So if you have ''poor'' stepback jumping, your guy won't be effective in those. It rings true for everything. If you have ''great'' stepback shooting you can be a terror by just attacking the defender, stepping back and shooting at basket. Those fancy abilities might look expensive, but even having 1 on great will prove a dominant tool in your shooting game.

Of course most importantly, spend skill points on the shooting skills. If you want to become a 3pt bomber make sure 3pt shooting is high, preferably 85+ because that will make most shots go down.

Just remember basic things, Learn the timing of the shot style you have taken. If you don't have that down, you will never really score.

Secondly, shoot open shots. Make it your bread and butter shot moment, 7/10 shots need to be open and you will hardly see the ''bad shot selection'' thing ever again.

I found the options for my team to run plays and for the diagrams to show up so that's a big help. Now can anyone let me know how to call for a pick when I have the ball, I can't for the life of me figure it out and with Carmelo and Amare both on my team it isn't like I get the ball enough to try to find it myself <_<

I think you hold LB on Xbox, which woudl be L1 on PS3.

How do you get them to run plays?

In presentation options, there are like three settings for running plays. I can't remember them off the top of my head.

I can't seem to get it to stay on, though, so I have to turn it on during each game. Any advice?