The Avengers

TKz

A small thought occurs on the back of my mentioning the Baxter Building in the Spiderman thread: I'm guessing from the number of shots of them in some high-up room in view of the Chrysler Building, that perhaps we get an Avengers Tower in this movie... As opposed to an Avengers Mansion or similar, that is.

Maybe the space villains are the those from the ultimate avengers animated movies?Really looking forward to this. (Y)

Those were\ for most purposes - Skrulls too. It's been a while since I saw those films though.. I know there was a difference but if they were going to go with that.. why not just Skrull?

Eh I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...

God damn this movie will be fuckin epic..

It's his damn head cowl thing. They made it look like it was moulded out of clay instead of tight to his body. It makes it look ridiculous.

He also looks like he's half the size he was in his movie too.

Captain America was excellent, what are you talking about? That's exactly how a Captain America movie set during World War 2 should have been.

Captain America was excellent, what are you talking about? That's exactly how a Captain America movie set during World War 2 should have been.

I had issues with it too (I rank them Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man 2). My main issue was how underutilized I felt Red Skull really was, how silly the love story was played out, and how I had almost zero emotional connection with said love story. It should have been a big deal at the end, but it all feltreally stupid, silly, and unimportant. That said, the casting and acting was excellent, the script was far better than I would have ever hoped, and the effects were bright and shiny and ooooo and ahhhhh.

I had issues with it too (I rank them Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man 2). My main issue was how underutilized I felt Red Skull really was, how silly the love story was played out, and how I had almost zero emotional connection with said love story. It should have been a big deal at the end, but it all feltreally stupid, silly, and unimportant. That said, the casting and acting was excellent, the script was far better than I would have ever hoped, and the effects were bright and shiny and ooooo and ahhhhh.

I agree completely that's exactly how I felt.

I also felt no emotion when Bucky was killed in the film.

I wouldn't rank Thor as high as you though. I thought Incredible Hulk was better than Thor. Thor trying to adjust to Earth was funny, I think I would have rather watched an entire movie of that to be honest.

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

I had really low hopes of Thor. Trailers made it look too goofy, but I finally watched it last week and it was fantastic. I've not seen CapAm or Hulk yet. I don't like the idea of Ed Norton in the role so I dunno if I even want to bother with that..