The Avengers

TKz

Spoilers re: credit scenes

I think everybody in the theatre when I went thought that the Thanos mid-credit scene was the only one. Me, my cousin, my brother, and this family of four stayed until the veeeery end of the credits and saw the shawarma scene and that was it. I think had I not read about that scene I probably would've bailed out after the Thanos scene as well.

Saw it yesterday in 3D, and it was amazing. We were originally going to see it without 3D, but one of the people we went with ended up buying the last ticket for that time, so we had to get to the 3D one half an hour later. It was great, though. Another film that I thought did 3D right, without having stuff fly at you every second. The pacing, the amount of time each character got, the comedic lines were all amazing. I even loved Ruffalo a ton more than Norton as Bruce Banner. I would say Hulk stole the movie, but everyone was great.

Banner saying, "That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." and just turning into The Hulk at will had the entire audience clapping. Then Hulk screaming to wake Stark up after catching him. And him just grabbing Loki and slamming him into the ground repeatedly. Too many good scenes with Hulk.

Iron Man hijacking the PA system to play Shoot To Thrill made me all sorts of giddy.

Poor Phil :(. I hope he isn't actually dead. I just want more of him.

Hawkeye... so good. Loki catching his arrow and it just exploding was awesome.

I just loved how the first portion of the movie had a couple of them working together, and the final portion finally had them all working as part of the same team. It just felt incredibly epic to see Hawkeye shooting his arrows from atop a building, Iron Man flying around blasting enemies following him, Captain America and Black Widow doing ground work, Hulk smashing, and Thor just shooting lightning up everyones ass.

I really want to see this movie again now.

I have to ask, did anybody have any problems with Captain America in the film? My friend, who has recently really gotten into Captain America, was complaining how he didn't like the helmet/mask (I couldn't remember what it looked like in the Captain America movie, so I couldn't tell), how he looked smaller in muscle mass and more like a normal guy, and didn't really seem like a leader or all that patriotic or anything like that. I personally enjoyed him in the film, but I'm not exactly that into him in the first place so wanted to see what others who may be into him thought.

Edited by Vitamin E

I wasnt a major fan of Cap America before the film, but I liked his original film, and given the fact that he's generally the leader in the comics and has a massive role in things like Civil War etc, i felt let down with him in this. I didnt notice his size or anything, the helmet did look silly but thats ok. I just felt like he was making up the numbers, believe it or not, Hawkeye seemed to have a bigger role.

Cap was being a leader all the way through the Manhattan act (when he had anyone to lead...). He also gave Stark a bit of a duty/etc. speech on the helicarrier. Not exactly sure what more your friend would want from him, unless he wanted him to bark "NOT IN AMERICA!!" when he bashed aliens about. That, obviously, would be silly.

(I say that as someone who does heart Cap, btw. Not that I can really pin down why...)

Edit: certainly the size of his role wasn't as massive as it might have been, but all you could do with him now is a bunch of "man out of time" bits that I'm pretty sure will be done properly in his second film. Not a great deal of time amidst the ensemble cast without them seeming a bit crowbarred in.

Cap was my favorite in the movie. I thought he was absolutely necessary to the team; he was the guy who actually took charge when it was time to fight as a team because everyone else there is a loner and he's a leader and he was the guy who pushed Tony to become less self-serving.

Which. Is pretty much what stokie said, but whatever. Also, I love the material Joss got out of him being from seventy years ago.

I suppose you're right, I just felt that Iron Man was the centrepiece, which I suppose is understandable given the circumstances.

Yeah in his own film he's surrounded by an army of normal men.. in Avengers he's surrounded by Hulk and Thor. I think him looking the more naturally sized of the group is perfectly acceptable. He was still much beefier than Hawkeye and the other normies.