The Avengers

TKz

Comic book geeks and movie nerds alike, prepare to assemble…

…at your nearest Best Buy when the 10-disc, 6-movie limited edition Blu-ray Avengers Assembled set is released this fall!

The package — officially called Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled — is the ultimate Marvel movie collection and comes loaded with these features:

- Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)

- Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)

- Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)

- Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)

- The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)

- Iron Man (Blu-ray)

- Bonus Disc – “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)

- Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Unfortunately, we don't have an exact date for U to start lining up outside the retail store of your choice. Since Disney will want to take advantage of the movie's momentum, we're willing to bet it will be available for Black Friday shopping!

Just realized I c&p'ed this from Perez Hilton..but heres the link to the Engadget story just to provide proof lol

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/01/avengers-blu-ray-boxed-set/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

It'll cross third, both worldwide and in the US, by the end of the weekend. Probably won't catch Titanic though, won't come anywhere near Avatar.

Did it Friday when it hit $538.1 million. Next stop is Titanic's new #2 record of $658.6 million.

I can't see it catching Titanic. Another $120 million is almost unheard of for any movie after its fifth week, let alone one released at the start of one of the most stacked summers in recent movie history.

That Blu-ray package sounds fun. Nothing I need, I own all the movies (except Iron Man 2), but I don't have Iron Man or The Incredible Hulk on Blu-ray.

I can't see it catching Titanic. Another $120 million is almost unheard of for any movie after its fifth week, let alone one released at the start of one of the most stacked summers in recent movie history.

That Blu-ray package sounds fun. Nothing I need, I own all the movies (except Iron Man 2), but I don't have Iron Man or The Incredible Hulk on Blu-ray.

I can see it making close to $600 million and that being that, but it's hard to predict anymore. I never suspected it would do this good.

Has anyone read that fan theory about

Loki?

I read somewhere that the whole plot of The Avengers was a giant Xanatos gambit. The gist was that Loki's ultimate goal was to return to Asgard and rule there so even in losing, he got what he wanted. Thor took him back, allowing him to plot from there. And supposedly, Loki's loss may have been planned between Thanos and himself to get Thanos the Infinity Gauntlet.

A better explaination: http://maskofreason.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/very-good-writing-why-loki-won-in-the-avengers/

I'm not totally convinced on this, but it would be amazing if it was true.

In an effort to make a run at the box office record, Disney is considering releasing the 3 hour director's cut in theaters in August.

• Like 2

Fuck that. Sets a bullshit precedent.

Unless the last hour is 60% nip slips I can wait for the blu ray. Releasing it three months after first coming out is a dick print on the face of everyone that paid to see it already for the ridiculous price of 3d anyways.

Fuck that. Sets a bullshit precedent.

Unless the last hour is 60% nip slips I can wait for the blu ray. Releasing it three months after first coming out is a dick print on the face of everyone that paid to see it already for the ridiculous price of 3d anyways.

These.. all seem like choices made willingly.

And the precedent for "holy shit, our movie is close to breaking records, let's do everything we can to break said record" has been set for a long, long time now. Both movies above The Avengers have already done it.

And seeing a directors cut in theatre? Sign me up. Especially the director we're talking about.