Euro 2004

pigeon

What are your opinion's on England's best line-up? Here's mine...

GK - David James

RD - Gary Neville

LD - Ashley Cole

CD - John Terry

CD - Sol Campbell

LM - Wayne Bridge

RM - David Beckham

CM - Steven Gerrard

CM - Frank Lampard

CF - Michael Owen

CF - Wayne Rooney

Sven would be crazy not to play Gerrard and Lampard in the center, Scholes hasn't been the player he once was for a few seasons now, as someone pointed out, we can't keep playing him on past performances. He'd be good to bring on.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bet is on Czech Republic surprising everyone. Underated far too much. They're my pick for a major upset. I'll be betting on them, I bet on Senegal a month before the World Cup started and they earnt me a pretty packet.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I'd love for England to win it, but I'm not going to force myself into thinking they will. Johnny surely supporting Italy should be the 2nd choice, being born in England, living in England, surely thats a good enough reason to support your country.

Did Sven bother watching the England/Sweden game? did he see that the only person on the pitch that didn't suck hard was Defoe? Heskey should never play for England, he can score but I'd rather have someone who will score.

Ian Walker? this is the 2004 England team, I trust James more than him and thats saying something. Sven might be fairly successful in competitive national games but he's a complete bore.

Some teams take 2 keepers as injury to one or both is very unlikely. But I myself would never take that risk.

Say one gets injured.....the other could take a bad fall in a match or get sent off.

Are in Sengal in Europe? Because it's right next to France, or are they classed as an African nation?

wafrica2.gif

What the hell kind of crazy ass map are you looking at?

I think that France have a good chance at retaining, but probably won't. My money is on Italy. Inzaghi was on fire (from what i've seen) during the qualifiers and if he can continue his good form, they'll be set. Del Piero also stated that he's gonna be at his best and with a player like Del Piero at his best they have a great chance. England can go far into the competition, but I don't that they'll get into the semi-finals, let alone the finals. Latvia could shock some people. If a team is good enough to get into the competition, then they should do at least OK.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Well I always assumed it. Seeing as Patrick Viera is from Senegal originally, but plays for France.

Senegal was originally a french colony, much like most of North Western Africa, 90% of the French team are the results of talent poaching and/or Immigration.

• Admin

GK - Ian Walker

RD - Gary Neville

LD - Ashley Cole

CD - John Terry

CD - Sol Campbell

LM - Wayne Bridge

RM - David Beckham

CM - Steven Gerrard

CM - Frank Lampard

CF - Michael Owen

CF - Wayne Rooney

Just one change there

I'm stunned the Leicester fan put Ian Walker in goal :P

I'd love for England to win it, but I'm not going to force myself into thinking they will. Johnny surely supporting Italy should be the 2nd choice, being born in England, living in England, surely thats a good enough reason to support your country.

Did Sven bother watching the England/Sweden game? did he see that the only person on the pitch that didn't suck hard was Defoe? Heskey should never play for England, he can score but I'd rather have someone who will score.

Ian Walker? this is the 2004 England team, I trust James more than him and thats saying something. Sven might be fairly successful in competitive national games but he's a complete bore.

Yeah I spose so but for some reason I prefere Italy, not because they are like better or anything, I dunno to be honest. If the two teams meet then I doubt I will cheer either, just watch and enjoy it ;)

Also wasnt there like talk on Shearer returning for this Euro? IMO Rooney isn't the man to partner Owen but Sven seems to think he is. Also Maldini may be called up for one more run with Italy, if so then thats a huge boost for Italy.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Well I always assumed it. Seeing as Patrick Viera is from Senegal originally, but plays for France.

And in the same way, Muzzy Izzet was born in England but has been included in the Turkish national side before.

Having dual-nationality doesn't mean countries have to be anywhere near each other.