Euro 2012

Lineker

How is that a fluffed chance? Fucking hell. Horrible commentary. And saying he elbowed him in the throat is insane. This anti-Torres fad is pathetic.

It is fluffed because he didn't score. And whether he meant to or not, he caught the guy in the throat with his elbow.

They keep banging on about things, but those are two which you can't really argue with.

How is that a fluffed chance? Fucking hell. Horrible commentary. And saying he elbowed him in the throat is insane. This anti-Torres fad is pathetic.

It is fluffed because he didn't score. And whether he meant to or not, he caught the guy in the throat with his elbow.

They keep banging on about things, but those are two which you can't really argue with.

It isn't a fluffed chance when you attempt a chip from a fair distance and miss by a small distance. That's called being unlucky. And he barely touched him at all.

It isn't a fluffed chance when you attempt a chip from a fair distance and miss by a small distance. That's called being unlucky. And he barely touched him at all.

It is. A fluffed chance is just a missed chance.

Fail to perform or accomplish (something) successfully or well

He wasn't successful, therefore it was fluffed. Also, he caught him with his elbow. Barely touch him or not, he 'elbowed him in the throat'. There are degrees of issue with that, but that is literally what happened.

I think the Torres stuff was annoying, I can't stand Italy, but those two things were two of the lesser things to get het up about.

Commentators generally bang on about it way too much but something has changed in Torres from the striker he was at Liverpool. With that chipped chance the Torres from a couple of years or so ago would have burst through the middle of the two defenders and not bottled it when one on one. With his first chance after coming on his first touch was really heavy and gave Buffon a fairly easy tackle. Him losing his nerve isn't something that's only happened today, it's been a feature since he moved to Chelsea.

People are always going to ask what's happened to a player when there's such a drop off in form.

Come on Spain, score one more and win me 9 quid!

Come on Spain, score one more and win me 9 quid!

I could've won £30 if they had won :angry:.

You bet on a team to win against a side they haven't beaten in over 90 years?pervert.gif

Anyone know where to find out who got official Uefa MOTM? Had Chiellini at 20/1, just wondering who it got given to. I'd go with De Rossi personally after watching that though.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=2012/man-of-the-match-award/md=1/match=2003319/

Keep an eye on that page.

Cheers (Y)

It is. A fluffed chance is just a missed chance.

Fail to perform or accomplish (something) successfully or well

He wasn't successful, therefore it was fluffed. Also, he caught him with his elbow. Barely touch him or not, he 'elbowed him in the throat'. There are degrees of issue with that, but that is literally what happened.

I think the Torres stuff was annoying, I can't stand Italy, but those two things were two of the lesser things to get het up about.

"Or well". Not just successfully. When they say "Oh he fluffed it, change of pace, no confidence" it isn't saying he attempted a difficult task and just about missed. They're saying he had a nailed on chance and fluffed it. That isn't the case.

And okay, so them talking about how it's possibly a red card for the elbow is good commentary? To elbow someone in the throat is different to your arm catching someone behind you. And the way they spoke about it is the issue. "He knew exactly what he was doing then" or something was the line.

I'm not debating Torres being different, I'm talking about how bad the commentary is.