Euro 2012

Lineker

Ah, I nearly forgot that Ricardo took his gloves off to save Darius Vassell's penalty. Bloody hell..

I will probably never forget that. Must have been one of the most awesome football moments I've seen. Completely surreal to live that moment as a Portuguese.

I predicted Germany and Portugal to go through. While they got to the World Cup Final, something about Holland always seemed shaky. Absolutely everything fell for Sneijder in that tournament and I knew it wouldn't happen again. That puts me at 1-1 since I ballsed up Group A so badly :/

Anyway, glad to see Ronaldo doing well. I love the guy now that he's not at Man Utd - I find it hard to hate anybody that fantastic at football. While Messi's the best player in the world, there's something about watching a guy like Ronaldo absolutely tear a football pitch apart that Messi's magic can't compare to. I actually hope they go far. Then lose maybe 6 or 7-0 in the game they go out in. Would be good if Ronaldo could win the Euros but Portugal win nothing :shifty:

I predicted Germany and Portugal to go through. While they got to the World Cup Final, something about Holland always seemed shaky. Absolutely everything fell for Sneijder in that tournament and I knew it wouldn't happen again. That puts me at 1-1 since I ballsed up Group A so badly :/

Anyway, glad to see Ronaldo doing well. I love the guy now that he's not at Man Utd - I find it hard to hate anybody that fantastic at football. While Messi's the best player in the world, there's something about watching a guy like Ronaldo absolutely tear a football pitch apart that Messi's magic can't compare to. I actually hope they go far. Then lose maybe 6 or 7-0 in the game they go out in. Would be good if Ronaldo could win the Euros but Portugal win nothing :shifty:

I think that the Dutch have a big problem in not knowing how to play as a team. Their coach was ridiculous today. The starting eleven was completely unbalanced and idiotic, and when he subbed the left back for Afellay he gave us the match.

I think that the Dutch have a big problem in not knowing how to play as a team. Their coach was ridiculous today. The starting eleven was completely unbalanced and idiotic, and when he subbed the left back for Afellay he gave us the match.

We had to win be a 2 goal difference, and clearly the way we played the first two games with two defensive midfielders didn't work so he put VDV instead of Van Bommel so we'd be better going forward and we WERE for the first 20 minutes or so. High pressing, lots of possession and we scored. Van der Wiel then started to make big mistakes and the team fell apart. Later on Van Marwijk realized we needed to score 2 goals again so he took off Willems for another attacker, putting the defenders one on one with the Portuguese attackers. Didn't work, but he had to try.

Yeah, I didn't get Keane's logic of the Dutch messing it up because of playing too many attackers, when they needed to win by two clear goals. It was always unlikely, but they had a go.

There was no chance they were gonna be two goals better than Portugal setting up the way they did in the first two matches.