2011-12 MLB Offseason Thread

Lowerdeck

They expect him back a week or two after opening day, actually. He had the same problem last year and was only out for 17 days.

Here's the story from ESPN. Gonzalez has a point, Chipper will likely be back by the end of April...though I don't see this being the only time he gets injured. I don't see this being a great finale for Chipper, but I hope I am wrong.

The Detroit Tigers are crazy! Brandon Inge should not be in the majors. He can't hit and he is getting older. He has been injury prone and strikes out far too much. I wish they would just cut him and give him his overpaid salary. Nobody else wants the guy so why do we hang on to him? Send him down to AAA or something. So tired of the Brandon Inge news story here in Detroit media.

He'll be riding the bench anyway. This isn't basketball where you can get value for expiring contracts nor is it football where you can just cut a guy loose. Keep him on the major league roster since you have to pay him and avoid calling up a prospect (and thus starting their arbitration clock) until it is absolutely needed.

Little dissapointed to see Snider sent down to Triple A. Hopefully Thames can either thrive in the role, or be good enough to make him trade bait. I've been rooting for Snider for a while, and I'd really like to see him get a fair shot at left field.

Guest mr. potato head

Little dissapointed to see Snider sent down to Triple A. Hopefully Thames can either thrive in the role, or be good enough to make him trade bait. I've been rooting for Snider for a while, and I'd really like to see him get a fair shot at left field.

What Snider needs more than anything is an extended run of success. He was moved up through the system so quickly that he never even spent a full year at any level, and the last couple years he's been bouncing between AAA and Toronto. Leave him in Vegas until he's one of the best hitters in the league, then leave him there another month to be on the safe side. Then, if Thames isn't performing up to par, that's when they should call hi up.

I'm going to the Kansas City Royals v Chicago White Sox game in August (Eric Hosmer bobblehead...oh yea!) and was wondering if any of you guys have visited the park? I got great seats on StubHub!, thirteen rows behind home plate for $45 each. Any suggestions for local restaurants, attractions, etc?

The tickets I got are in the BATS Crown Club, which have a face value of $250. I usually buy all my sporting tickets from StubHub! I got tickets to each round of the Rangers World Series run last year and didn't spend more than $300.

Okay, attempting to rationalize.

2nd largest media market in the country, historic team, storied franchise, theoretically if they were run correctly for a long stretch of time they could become the Yankees of the west coast and the Yankees would certain sell for an incredibly high price and...and...

Two billion!?