The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

• Admin

Leeds United have reached an agreement for United States international Robbie Rogers and are now waiting on a work permit. Rogers was most recently on the books of MLS side Colombus Crew, with over 100 appearances made for the club during a four-year spell.

Gary Cahill is set to complete his move to Chelsea today.

Yes indeed, for we are coming up to the end of the 48 hours in which the newspapers told us it would happen.

This comes after the previous 48 hours in which it would happen that came and went over the weekend. :shifty:

£70kpw is vaguely what the likes of Luiz and Ivanovic are on, or so I am led to believe by people who possibly know nothing.

When people tell me so-and-so is on certain wages, I tend to ignore them. Do such things even get announced to the public besides a rough estimate?

• Admin

Sky Sports understands that Everton and Fulham are both considering making a January move for Newcastle full-back Danny Simpson. He has just 18 months left on his deal and talks over a fresh contract have so far failed to reach a successful conclusion. Sky Sports has also learned that Simpson's overwhelming desire is to remain on Tyneside and sign a new contract with the club.

Sky Sports understands that Everton and Fulham are both considering making a January move for Newcastle full-back Danny Simpson. He has just 18 months left on his deal and talks over a fresh contract have so far failed to reach a successful conclusion. Sky Sports has also learned that Simpson's overwhelming desire is to remain on Tyneside and sign a new contract with the club.

We now go live to Harry Redknapp for a quote...

Ravel Morrison could be on his way out of United with Newcastle already had an apparent bid of about £500k rejected. For anyone who doesn't know who he is, he is probably the most gifted prospect to come through our academy in the last 15 years but he has a very bad attitude problem and has an ever growing list of off-field problems. From what I've heard he regularly doesn't turn up for training and at the moment he is stalling on signing a new deal because he feels he should already be in the first team.

I would be sad to see him go because he has been the next big thing at United for a few years now and to not see all that hype come to anything will be disappointing. I have a feeling he maybe one of those players who bounces from club-to-club whilst rapidly moving down the leagues and his career will ultimately be a waste. Hopefully I'm wrong but the way he's going at the moment I don't think there's much hope for him.

• Like 1

Yes indeed, for we are coming up to the end of the 48 hours in which the newspapers told us it would happen.

This comes after the previous 48 hours in which it would happen that came and went over the weekend. :shifty:

-_- zzz

Hoping for United to sign both Cahill and Rodwell, the latter to free up Carrick into a more attacking/creative role.

Really? Carrick doesn't know what to do when he gets in an attacking position, he's scared to take a shot, even when it's so obvious that it's the right thing to do. I do wonder how long Rodwell be at Everton, though.