The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

• Admin

He's going to be fifth choice behind King, Dawson, Kaboul, and Gallas.

If we're going to sell Bassong in the summer then we let him play at Wolves for the next few months to get his value up rather than warming our bench. Nelsen is another body which will plug a hole for the odd couple of games should he need to.

Regarding Veseli, it's pretty weird to judge him and dub him fucking shit based on pre-season appearances, if we went by that Mame Biram Diouf would be all sorts of amazing.

Never seen him play before but we've got it right when buying defenders recently let's hope that trend continues

Not really that weird, he's taking Bassong's place as cover whilst he's at Wolves; and from his point of view wants one last big-paying contract (I'm sure he's hopeful that it'll be renewed in the summer) before he retires. Plus I imagine he's fed up of Venky's.

What was the Keith Andrews statement?

Thankful to Blackburn for giving him the chance and signing him from MK Dons but he's glad to leave; the club he signed for and the one he just left are two completely different clubs.

Not really that weird, he's taking Bassong's place as cover whilst he's at Wolves; and from his point of view wants one last big-paying contract (I'm sure he's hopeful that it'll be renewed in the summer) before he retires. Plus I imagine he's fed up of Venky's.

What was the Keith Andrews statement?

He thanked the Blackburn fans and whoever brought him in (Ince? Plus whoever was chairman) then said the club now compared to then was like chalk and cheese and he was happy to be away. I know he's a fringe player but still doesn't sound good.

Edit: what Matt said...

Edited by Colly

• Admin
Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Sporting teenager Joao Carlos Teixeira for an undisclosed transfer fee.

The midfielder Portuguese youth international joins their academy after the formalities of his transfer were completed.

The 19-year-old first appeared on the club's radar after impressing against the Merseysiders in the NextGen series in August.

Teixeira had yet to make a first-team appearance for Sporting and it was understood their financial issues dictated their decision to sell.

Meanwhile, the Reds have confirmed the departure of Martin Hansen to Danish side Viborg FF.

The 21-year-old linked up with the club's academy from Brondby in 2006.

Sutton, the younger brother of former Blackburn striker Chris, has made nine starts in the SPL this season for the Edinburgh club, scoring three times.

He is believed to have made the move to the New South Wales club, with the option to make the move permanent in the summer.

The Mariners are currently 10 points clear at the top of the A-League ladder, with a game in hand over their nearest challengers.

I'm guessing Ryan Nelson was happy to join Spurs knowing that he was very much going to be behind King, Dawson, Kaboul and Gallas as fifth choice centre back. Gets paid and might end up appearing every now and again with our usual defensive injury problems.