Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Spent ages faffing about with an external DVD drive and trying to find cd keys I've long since lost, before giving up and spending about £9 in total on Rollercoaster Tycoon, Settlers 2, Archimedean Dynasty (classic) and Sid Meiers Colonisation from GOG. Far better idea. I'm now prepped for Lockdown 2.

6 minutes ago, Colly said:

Spent ages faffing about with an external DVD drive and trying to find cd keys I've long since lost, before giving up and spending about £9 in total on Rollercoaster Tycoon, Settlers 2, Archimedean Dynasty (classic) and Sid Meiers Colonisation from GOG. Far better idea. I'm now prepped for Lockdown 2.

which Roller Coaster Tycoon?

Probably not going to get it soon but... for anyone here who's got Mount and Blade Warband II... are maces lethal this time, or still pants on head wrong?

Damn. I love me some mace and shield, but it just bugs me that they treat the HEAVY STEEL BLUDGEONS DESIGNED TO BASH THE HEADS OF PEOPLE IN PLATE ARMOR as non-lethal weapons.

Even World of Darkness' writers figured out how dumb gimping maces is eventually with Chronicles of Darkness.

Does anyone use GOG? I got a few games and downloaded GOG Galaxy (which is essentially their Steam software), but other than annoyingly asking for passwords that aren't needed it also tends to freeze my computer up for a bit after closing a game. I've now uninstalled and just gone for the "offline backup" option for all the same games which works perfectly. Anyone had a similar issue?

Not arsed at all, I'm not planning on playing any multiplayer games from 1996...

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Does anyone use GOG? I got a few games and downloaded GOG Galaxy (which is essentially their Steam software), but other than annoyingly asking for passwords that aren't needed it also tends to freeze my computer up for a bit after closing a game. I've now uninstalled and just gone for the "offline backup" option for all the same games which works perfectly. Anyone had a similar issue?

Not arsed at all, I'm not planning on playing any multiplayer games from 1996...

I like GOG a lot. Having DRM-free games is always going to be preferable to anything else. If Galaxy is causing problems, just download the games without it. All you miss out on are achievements and automatic updates, which are only needed for new games. You can still update them manually.

32 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I like GOG a lot. Having DRM-free games is always going to be preferable to anything else. If Galaxy is causing problems, just download the games without it. All you miss out on are achievements and automatic updates, which are only needed for new games. You can still update them manually.

Have they knocked off their anti SJW bs yet? 

1 minute ago, apsham said:

What was this?

I did a search and I found only news about them removing things and people bitching in their forms that they were caving into 'SJW bullshit'.

Just some tweets that seemed to be slightly courting alt-right and GamerGate stuff: 

https://kotaku.com/gog-account-publishes-yet-another-awful-tweet-1829939458

1 minute ago, RPS said:

Just some tweets that seemed to be slightly courting alt-right and GamerGate stuff: 

https://kotaku.com/gog-account-publishes-yet-another-awful-tweet-1829939458

Ah, haven't heard anything about them in a while but GOG is owned by CDPR in general so I think there's probably room for some jankiness in general.

For its intended purpose (play old games) I think they're fine. But man - once it started to become a place for modern games it started to become a pain because it gets updates so long after the Steam versions of these games.. if they get continuous updates at all.

3 minutes ago, apsham said:

Ah, haven't heard anything about them in a while but GOG is owned by CDPR in general so I think there's probably room for some jankiness in general.

For its intended purpose (play old games) I think they're fine. But man - once it started to become a place for modern games it started to become a pain because it gets updates so long after the Steam versions of these games.. if they get continuous updates at all.

I always read the tweets as trying to be more ironic and funny rather than actively trying to court the GamerGate community. But still. 

27 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

One of my more eagerly awaited games launched! Car Trader Simulator is now available for only $8.99! I get to finally live out my lifelong dream of being a shady ass car salesman!

@E X P A N D, I know you’ll be game.

I'll have you know that Ricky Volante's Certified Gold Star Used Cars is NOT a shady enterprise whatsoever :angry:

:shifty: