Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

8 minutes ago, RPS said:

Let me know how Shadowrun is.

All of them are great. They run like an actual Shadowrun campaign.

I've played Shadowrun Returns. Pretty much got it when it first came out. Don't have quite as much customization as I'd like, but they do get it. Like OctoberRaven said, they run like an actual Shadowrun campaign. 

I'm not going to be playing Dragonfall any time soon. I'm waiting until i am done with This Is The Police.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Wait, is Shadowrun like the board game Shadowrun?

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ede119ee150ffdf18bcdf585c614251a/tumblr_p0vnaqXZBR1u1ljrzo1_500.gifv

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Shadowrun Dragonfall is good, except for one thing: The difficulty settings are bullshit. 

I'm doing one particular mission which so far has been six nonstop fights with more enemies showing up during most of the fights. I have not been able to beat the mission yet, even adjusting down to Easy. Easy is more like Normal to Hard in Shadowrun Returns. (You have to keep your entire team alive for the mission, or I'd be done. Can't keep one particular alive.) The reason its a pain is because normally you heal some between fights, but this mission does not get out of combat mode. Ever. So no auto healing.

The game also seems to have shots miss way too much if the hit % chance is around 50 to 70%. I'm talking one hit out of eight shots taken in one particular fight. Pretty much have to have a spellcaster on every mission, because magic has a higher chance to hit than guns do. SR's miss rate was not nearly this bad.

Edited by GhostMachine

What are you rolling? I rolled a combat-oriented character and didn't have many issues on Normal.

3 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

What are you rolling? I rolled a combat-oriented character and didn't have many issues on Normal.

Shotgun wielding Troll Street Samurai with hit chance increase cyber eyes. Its the Bloodline mission that's giving me fits, and mainly due to attacks missing far too often. I think I need to load a save from before starting the mission, load up on trauma patches, and switch out the team member that keeps dying. Maybe pick up a SMG, too, since his SMG skill is only one point behind his Shotgun skill. 

I have another game I'm running with a custom class, and may focus on them for a bit. More or less a Human Mage but with some points in Conjuring. Can use a Pistol, but I sold that and switch between the mana and acid bolt spells for attacks. 

*edited to add* Also tempted to roll a Shaman, but undecided on which totem to go with.

Edited by GhostMachine

it's been a while, but I think my human sammy specced in pistols and rifles. IIRC trolls have lower dexterity which kind of hurt their gunplay a bit. I recall having around 90% to-hit on all ranges most of the time.

All members of the team are missing far more often than they should., For example, on one attempt in the room with the barrels right after you do the decking run, I had all 4 team mates shooting at the large gunner that comes closest to your team. That's 8 to 12 shots using 1 action point attacks. The worst hit % was around 65ish, best high 80's.. Out of those 8 to 12 attacks, only 2 hit. 

Edited by GhostMachine

Has anyone else heard tell of or played Battle Brothers?

I saw that it was on sale this weekend and looked into it - decided to pick it up and I have been liking it so far. It's brutually hard and even feels unfair at times, but it's pretty wide open about that being a feature of the game - and it IS something that you can get good at with time. A lot of experimenting and playing around, but the game feels like it's made with a proper vision and that's really nice to see.

I love that you can build this small ragtag band up, go through all the trials and tribulations of something straight out of the Black Company and someday maybe end up working as a unit for a Kingdom. The changing economy, keeping of the character's history and the story telling that happens through parts of the game is really fascinating.

That looks like my sort of thing, although "brutally hard" is an adjectival phrase that sends my alarm bells ringing.

On another topic, I'm looking forward to giving the new Microsoft Flight Simulator a go tomorrow. Along with Battletoads, that's two interesting Game Pass offerings this week.

23 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

That looks like my sort of thing, although "brutally hard" is an adjectival phrase that sends my alarm bells ringing.

On another topic, I'm looking forward to giving the new Microsoft Flight Simulator a go tomorrow. Along with Battletoads, that's two interesting Game Pass offerings this week.

The game is tricky and hard, but difficulty is also very dependent on the way you play, being stuck in the early game rut, and the occassional bit of RNG just throwing a brick into your plans.

It's quite a fun game and definitely all the more challenging if you're someone who gets sentimental and easily connects with the characters in your group. And since you don't control your own character in the game itself (You're the incorporeal commander), everyone can die without ending the game.

This video shows how the game looks with the lowest settings.

Everything I've read suggests that it runs surprisingly well on modest hardware. The only thing to be aware of is that the keyboard controls aren't very good. A controller or flight stick is recommended.