Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

13 hours ago, Paton said:

They may have balanced it out, they've been a few updates in between initial release until now. October 28 was the last update - focusing on Ranged Combat.

I mean if you want to balance it out just have survivability for unnamed NPCs to be relative to the overflow HP (-1 being more survivable than -70, for example), adjusting for armor of the soldier and surgery score of the party and then use RNG to see if they snuff it. Quarterstaffs and training weapons should be the *only* arms that can never kill (which while also unrealistic as a training sword nevermind a lance could cause a lethal or at least severely debilitating blunt force trauma at least it'd be a reasonable break from reality), and everything else being potentially lethal. Maces are deadly! Especially from horseback!

Played and finished Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

The best part of it is that it's very short.

If you're a fan of tactical strategy games, Phantom Doctrine is six bucks on Steam now and is an absolute steal at that price.

8 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Oh, I got it on Switch for something like £1.99. How good is it?

Really fun. Not sure how well it plays on the Switch.

Tactical stealth, think Metal Gear meets the HBS Shadowrun games, but set in a Cold War spy vs spy setting. You can upgrade and manage equipment in between operations, and you're encouraged to run demi-randomized side operations as well as investigations (a kinda-minigame centered around the old 'conspiracy corkboard' trope) to get better access to things. There's also three different campaigns (I've done two so far, saving the third for later) and 'extended' mode which basically gives longer cutscenes and a bonus mission at the end.

And while the customization feature is a bit lacking, you can customize your team's looks and even personality. So you can have a whole team of MIB-looking types or recreate the cast of American Dad.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

If you're a fan of tactical strategy games, Phantom Doctrine is six bucks on Steam now and is an absolute steal at that price.

Also $6 on PSN if anyone is interested, as I am!

1 hour ago, LUKIE said:

I was going to come in and ask what people thought of Phantom Doctrine? I know it's similar to XCOM, and for that price it is a bargain.

Downloading it now on PSN, if I get time with playing Watch Dogs Legion today I'll give my opinion

1 hour ago, LUKIE said:

I was going to come in and ask what people thought of Phantom Doctrine? I know it's similar to XCOM, and for that price it is a bargain.

It's a bit jankety in terms of movement and gameplay, but it's an enjoyable XCOM clone where you try to solve a cold war conspiracy with your rag tag band of spooks.

It also tries to do something more with the formula by adding the gathering of intel to it and trying to piece together all the threads.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

I fucking love Fire Pro.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2020 at 18:26, Azazel said:

Anybody else play Monster Train?  It's become my 3rd most played Steam game behind Xcom 1 and 2 now.  I have finally beaten every clan combo with both champions on level 25 and got gold with every card.  I still have a few achievements to get, but what a fun game.

This game rules. 

Any tips? 

10 minutes ago, RPS said:

This game rules. 

Any tips? 

I told you it was great.  To start, just level up all the clans so you unlock all the cards and artifacts.  You'll start to find ways to synergize cards into insanely powerful combos and at higher difficulties you absolutely need to do this to even win.

It took me a while to actually get "good" at the game and most of it was just learning how useful cards I dismissed early were just because I was not using them correctly.  I think my biggest early tips are

1. Monsters that scale > monster that do not scale
2. Less cards in your deck > more cards.  Less cards lets you stick with a specific strategy.
3. Learn what the enemies/bosses do

If you need help with specific clans just let me know, especially Remnant.  I used to suck with them now I think they might be the best.

Just now, Azazel said:

I told you it was great.  To start, just level up all the clans so you unlock all the cards and artifacts.  You'll start to find ways to synergize cards into insanely powerful combos and at higher difficulties you absolutely need to do this to even win.

It took me a while to actually get "good" at the game and most of it was just learning how useful cards I dismissed early were just because I was not using them correctly.  I think my biggest early tips are

1. Monsters that scale > monster that do not scale
2. Less cards in your deck > more cards.  Less cards lets you stick with a specific strategy.
3. Learn what the enemies/bosses do

If you need help with specific clans just let me know, especially Remnant.  I used to suck with them now I think they might be the best.

Yeah, it is amazing. As somebody super into rogue-like card games, it is scratching that itch. I did not think anything would replace Slay the Spire for me... but this game is good. I saw you playing last night on Steam. 

I have played two runs so far. I was Hellhorned both runs with Awoken as my side because I have not unlocked any other races. I died to crystal cloak both times. 

Should I focus on upgrading things like the Train Seward or get rid of them? 

When I defeat the first boss, do I go for health, more actions or bigger car sizes? I went for actions twice and I felt like I should have actually gone for bigger car sizes. 

I assume that I unlock more classes by beating the game? 

@RPS I forget what the requirements are, but its all things that you will unlock by just playing normally.  I think you unlock them by getting to a certain level or by killing x number of enemies or something.  Each time you play you get XP for the clans you use which will give you more card options and artifact options which will make the later levels easier so really just play and enjoy it.

Train Stewards I get rid of every single game.  They have some use in the first fight or two but that is about it.  I'll use the unstable vortex to get rid of them over paying to do it a shop though.  Focus on upgrading your clan units.

The Crystal Cloak is kind of a dick.  If you know that is the boss its better to set up on the top floor, then when the boss comes just toss some useless units on the bottom two floors to eat up her stealth.

When I defeat the first boss, do I go for health, more actions or bigger car sizes? I went for actions twice and I felt like I should have actually gone for bigger car sizes.

Are you talking about the shops here?  It really depends on what you need.  Health on tanks, multistrike on damage dealers, large stone if you want a big boost and the extra capacity won't mess with being able to put another unit on the same floor.  The great thing about this game is that there is not always one best strategy.

5 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Are you talking about the shops here?  It really depends on what you need.  Health on tanks, multistrike on damage dealers, large stone if you want a big boost and the extra capacity won't mess with being able to put another unit on the same floor.  The great thing about this game is that there is not always one best strategy.

When I cleared the first boss, I got the choice between more health, more energy per turn OR more space per train. 

Oh ya, you get that choice twice per run after the first two bosses.  Again, highly dependant on what you need.  If you have expensive spells you can't always play get the energy, if you want to cycle through your deck faster get the draw, if you want the extra space get the capacity.  I think for Hellhorne Capacity can be good because with 6 space you fit your Price, a tank and then another unit (or imps) on the same floor.  Or extra energy if you have expensive spells you want to be able to cast.

2 hours ago, Azazel said:

Oh ya, you get that choice twice per run after the first two bosses.  Again, highly dependant on what you need.  If you have expensive spells you can't always play get the energy, if you want to cycle through your deck faster get the draw, if you want the extra space get the capacity.  I think for Hellhorne Capacity can be good because with 6 space you fit your Price, a tank and then another unit (or imps) on the same floor.  Or extra energy if you have expensive spells you want to be able to cast.

I went with extra energy, but I think the trick should be extra space at first. 

The game is very intuitive. I do not feel lost despite all of the systems at play. 

18 hours ago, RPS said:

I went with extra energy, but I think the trick should be extra space at first. 

The game is very intuitive. I do not feel lost despite all of the systems at play. 

You'll find ways that work, and then need to find other ways to win depending on the difficulty, clan combination and what you end up getting.  I only have like 6 expert challenges left to beat then I think I have 100% of the current content done.

• 2 weeks later...