EWB TV Club General Discussion Thread

Berober

26 members have voted

1. 1. How many shows do you think we should watch over one 'session'?

• 6+

So I was watching Firefly not too long ago and the thought crossed my mind. Similar to Occupy Raw Street, would people be interested in an IRC Chat while streaming a TV Show of choice?

It doesn't have to be recent, and we can open it up to people, but it just seems like something fun to do for a half hour/hour over the coming week or so.

Anyone interested?

EDIT: The following is just a marker of any high scoring shows from the first round of voting. This doesn't mean that we are forced to watch these, I will leave suggestions open as we near the end of a session, but this is a general idea of what to look out for:

Community

UK Office

X Files

Game of Thrones

Heroes

Studio 60

Justified

The Wire

Supernatural

The West Wing

Friday Night Lights

Chuck

LOST

US Shameless

Party Down

Freaks and Geeks

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah I'd be more interested in a rewatch project on the board (like with Survivor!) than an IRC chat, because while I'm watching the show I wouldn't want to be distracted by IRC.

Yeah I'd be more interested in a rewatch project on the board (like with Survivor!) than an IRC chat, because while I'm watching the show I wouldn't want to be distracted by IRC.

I totally didn't read the IRC part. So yeah, like TKz and mph, I'd be interested in a board rewatch myself too. Talking during a wrestling PPV is one thing, during a show not my idea of fun.

I think it'd be a good idea to have maybe a show or two at a time where we watch an episode a week and talk about it in the thread when we're done. Might be a bit few and far between and we might not be able to wait if we get really into it. But then it wouldn't have to be a definite rule, just a suggestion. We should all use spoilers too in case anyone is watching for the first time.

Guest mr. potato head

I just finished AD for the first time so I'd be very happy with that. I was going to suggest Scrubs, but The AV Club's already doing that so we might as well look elsewhere. I'll also throw out The West Wing as a suggestion because I'm me.

As for numbers, I'd say anywhere from 2 to 4, but each straddling different genres — maybe one sitcom, one serial/drama and one sci-fi show or something.

I just finished AD for the first time so I'd be very happy with that. I was going to suggest Scrubs, but The AV Club's already doing that so we might as well look elsewhere. I'll also throw out The West Wing as a suggestion because I'm me.

As for numbers, I'd say anywhere from 2 to 4, but each straddling different genres — maybe one sitcom, one serial/drama and one sci-fi show or something.

I'd agree on the number and the choices of genres.