EWB TV Club General Discussion Thread

Berober

26 members have voted

1. 1. How many shows do you think we should watch over one 'session'?

• 6+

I might've been really picky, but it annoyed me when

they introduced this guy an episode before in Jack's flashback, and then OH MAH GAWD IT'S HIM IN THE CONTAINER. It would've been one thing if they had set him up a bit more, maybe introduced him near the end of the first season, but it just felt like it was supposed to be too much of a "moment" that was really just a let down. Couldn't watch after that.

The only 2 shows on the list I've heard of that I have no interest in watching are True Blood and Enterprise. My only issues were there are shows that I've already rewatched like a week ago. I'll still watch them, but I watched Arrested Development and Community Season 1's earlier this year, and it looks like at least one of them will win.

I voted Firefly, Friday Night Lights, Studio 60, The Wire, and Curb.

Edited by pizzamonkey

LOST was a show I just got incredibly invested in. I couldn't possibly recreate the experience for everyone that I had with that show, because it was very a much "you had to be there" thing, with the community, the mystery, and the general aura it created. On the flip side, even without all that, it was still pretty much always the best show on TV barring season three when they were forced to stretch out stories during contract negotiations, and a few random episodes here and there.

The final episode literally caused me to wander around for the whole next day not knowing what to do with myself, I was that invested that I felt like a massive part of my life was over. Yes, I know that's tremendously sad.

I did the same thing... so I rewatched the first 5 seasons (would've watched 6 too had I had the DVD at the time).

Personally I prefer Firefly, it's funny, it's just one season to watch, and it's probably one of the best shows for characters and their interaction that's been on TV in my honest estimation. Both shows are great, but I would pick Firefly every time because I adore the characters.